I thought ordering from China was bad

murankar

Staff member
Last rant about the United States Postal Service:

Placed an order that ended up coming from china, It shipped March 30th and arrived in Cleveland last night at 2316.

Placed an order for something coming from the Boston area and it shipped on March 27, and it still has not made it to the Cleveland Sorting facility. I also had 2 day priority added to the order for $6.30.

Finally place and order from a hobby shop in Lancaster Ohio (south east of Columbus) on March 31. This order just left the Columbus sort facility
at 2121.

Now keep in mind that there is a long shore-mans strike going on. Whet the hell gives. China normally takes about 2 to 3 weeks to deliver to the States. Sometimes longer if its Chinese New Year (February time frame).

Our mail service is so unpredictable. I lost 3 flying days because of these inept curse word.

vimy

Last rant about the United States Postal Service:

Placed an order that ended up coming from china, It shipped March 30th and arrived in Cleveland last night at 2316.
That's in good time. Pretty much the same level of service I've had to Adelaide.

Placed an order for something coming from the Boston area and it shipped on March 27, and it still has not made it to the Cleveland Sorting facility. I also had 2 day priority added to the order for $6.30.

Well Matt, count yourself lucky you paid for the 2 day priority, it would take even longer. And anyway, we mustn't rush these things. :p

Finally place and order from a hobby shop in Lancaster Ohio (south east of Columbus) on March 31. This order just left the Columbus sort facility at 2121.

It could have been worse, instead of the time 2121, it could have been the year 2121. :p

Now keep in mind that there is a long shore-mans strike going on. Whet the hell gives. China normally takes about 2 to 3 weeks to deliver to the States. Sometimes longer if its Chinese New Year (February time frame).

I've never had anything take longer than 2 weeks to get here. Very pleased with Chinese service. Contrast that with Australia Post and something from the state of Queensland too 3 weeks to arrive. So yes, one wonders what is going on.

Our mail service is so unpredictable. I lost 3 flying days because of these inept curse word.

Oh! That's beyond the Pale. There is nothing funny about this.

Holding up your delivery of much needed RC goodness is one thing, but to cut into a man's flying time, and THREE WHOLE, ENTIRE DAYS at that, well society as we know it, is going to the dogs.

There's just no coming back from that. US Postal should be ashamed of themselves. Obviously no one in US Postal does RC flying as a hobby, how insensitive.

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
I have a new radio and could not even do more the fly the sim and do a basic model setup. Now I am on night shift for the next 4 nights. Then on Tuesday I need to recover from the night shift. Wednesday kids will be home, Thursday I have fire training the Friday Saturday and Sunday I have an army obligation. Then off on Monday work Tuesday wednesday Thursday night off that weekend.

So my time is tight and if I want to progress this year I need every bit of time I can get. I can't be waiting on parts.

In the end there more important things in life and this hobby falls right under that.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

trainrider06

I had gotten a BeastX USB programmer from a guy probably 20-30 miles away
It got shipped to Fla, then sat there for 2 weeks! Then showed sent to Dallas, sat another
3 days! Just about a month it took to get here!

vimy

I have a new radio and could not even do more the fly the sim and do a basic model setup. Now I am on night shift for the next 4 nights. Then on Tuesday I need to recover from the night shift. Wednesday kids will be home, Thursday I have fire training the Friday Saturday and Sunday I have an army obligation. Then off on Monday work Tuesday wednesday Thursday night off that weekend.

So my time is tight and if I want to progress this year I need every bit of time I can get. I can't be waiting on parts.

In the end there more important things in life and this hobby falls right under that.

Yes Matt, our "venerable" postal institutions are frustrating. Particularly when they take forever to deliver something from a seemingly short distance away.

Add to this, an incredulity that something coming from overseas arrives first despite being ordered after the domestic order.

I fully understand where you are coming from. If you value what little personal time you have to indulge in your hobby, losing 3 days is a large chunk.

BTW, my first post was a satirical take on yours as well as our postal service. I was not making light of your frustration.

Australian humour can be a little puzzling to follow. :)

murankar

Staff member
Yeah still getting used to the different kinds of humor.

Thursday maybe a tuning day for the kbar. I am finally making progress. I will be posting soon as to what I have done.

Top Bottom