General I Thought I Did This, But I Guess Not....

Tony

Staff member
I have multiple head setup videos for the flybar heads and I thought I had quite a few for the flybarless heads, but after looking through all of my videos (all 394 of them now) I have some basic guides, but no in depth flybarless head setup videos... I guess that will be the video that I shoot today.

Just to clarify, I do have a video on the 3GX when I built the Align 450 Pro V2, but setting all of the links was already done, and NOTHING needed to be adjusted other than pitch. I setup the head on the ALZRC 450, but again, I didn't show much. I have no idea how I missed doing an in depth flybarless head setup video... Guess it is time to get busy...

Tony

Staff member
Did you know the Tarot DFC head uses a different shaft than the Align DFC head? Well it does!!! I wanted to use the Align shaft because it had a better polish on it, and I knew it was straight. But guess what, the bolt that goes through the head block and the main shaft.... IT'S FRIGGIN LARGER than the standard bolt that is used on every other helicopter out there.

So what was my solution, well duh, drill out the Align DFC main shaft!!! Make it work. This is twice I have had to pull out a drill on this helicopter!!! So I drill it out, fit the head, and there is way too much negative pitch. I don't have enough room on teh servo to swash links to make up for it, and then I noticed it.....

THE DAMN SHAFT THAT CAME WITH THE HEAD IS SHORTER!!!!!!!!!!

So I destroyed a perfectly good Align DFC shaft for a craptastic DFC head..... It's always something...

Tony

Staff member
Started editing the videos that I just spend hours shooting, and I'm not liking it... Going to have to reshoot it. This sucks.

Top Bottom