I should have donated £12 to rc-help!!!!!!

Graham Lawrie

IMAG0978.jpgIMAG0961.jpgIMAG0962.jpgIMAG0963.jpgIMAG0964.jpgIMAG0965.jpgIMAG0966.jpgIMAG0967.jpgIMAG0968.jpgIMAG0969.jpgIMAG0970.jpgIMAG0971.jpgIMAG0972.jpgIMAG0973.jpgIMAG0974.jpgIMAG0975.jpgIMAG0976.jpgIMAG0977.jpg

Well they say you get what you paid for , and i certainly did!

Before Xmas i sent for a copy head from China. It arrived today and it felt not bad but notchy.

I started to strip it and photograph it. Cheap crap is what it is.
1. Bearings were slack in their housings(Thats why it was thread locked and tight).
2. Swarf from the machining process was still on the bearings.
3. No machined nut retaining hole.
4. Drilled hole for rotor cover off centre.
5. Links fell on and off, if i put them on a heli the spoolup would have done this.

I have still to measure everything, but i think it will be mostly wrong.

So i know where i stand on the Clone parts debate.

I would have been better donating the money.

Lesson Learnt.

IMAG0978.jpg

IMAG0961.jpg

IMAG0962.jpg

IMAG0963.jpg

IMAG0964.jpg

IMAG0965.jpg

IMAG0966.jpg

IMAG0967.jpg

IMAG0968.jpg

IMAG0969.jpg

IMAG0970.jpg

IMAG0971.jpg

IMAG0972.jpg

IMAG0973.jpg

IMAG0974.jpg

IMAG0975.jpg

IMAG0976.jpg

IMAG0977.jpg

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Sorry about that Graham. WE have all been there with such machined parts. Its really what you pay for.. is what you get. the metal they use is very very soft aluminum.. and the machining and quality control is almost non existent..

Its ok.. lesson learnt.. :) I usualy recommend to go ATLEAST Tarot for a clone if you cant afford Align that season.. But thats it.. only cause I have had GREAT luck with them.. and they are welll machined and quality controlled. for the most part.

Any ways.. salvage it with new bearings and bearing seating compound if you can.. Donot install a HEad button (the head yoke cover you said , for which the hole is off center) and see if you can fly it as a beater .. :) put align bearings and featherng shaft in it though.. :)

Change the screws for better ones too.. these are usually soft and brittle.. :)

Westy

LEGEND
Graham Lawrie;

Well they say you get what you paid for , and i certainly did!

Before Xmas i sent for a copy head from China. It arrived today and it felt not bad but notchy.

I started to strip it and photograph it. Cheap crap is what it is.
1. Bearings were slack in their housings(Thats why it was thread locked and tight).
2. Swarf from the machining process was still on the bearings.
3. No machined nut retaining hole.
4. Drilled hole for rotor cover off centre.
5. Links fell on and off, if i put them on a heli the spoolup would have done this.

I have still to measure everything, but i think it will be mostly wrong.

So i know where i stand on the Clone parts debate.

I would have been better donating the money.

Lesson Learnt.

Yep .... I have done same thing.... went through about a grand in total on Rubbish and heart breaking issues.... but as soon as I went to align .... the light shone oh so strong :)... I am just glad I am stubborn and tenacious ... or it would be another heil hater wanabe! haha

I only wish someone had been experienced to show me the right path.

I also agree with the Tarot path or the Chaos

Or even a second hand Trex (you can pick them up so ... cheap).

Strip it down to the last bolt and rebuild it from scratch and replace all the bearings etc..... it is actually a fun project.

I did it with a Trex 500 and sold it for $680NZD to another guy that had also had issues with rubbish...... he saw the video of me test flying it for him after I had set it up ... and sent it to him.

Right out of the freight packaging ..... he was the happiest camper you have ever seen! haha....

Last edited by a moderator:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
That is so true. always pull stuff apart.. Like the 700e I just got. even if this had never been flown and is brand new.. still had been built by someone else. I were'nt gonna throw this in the air like that.. Thats just setting your self up for faliure..

Cannot believe how many issues I found with this stupid thing's build. The guy who built mine is good dude, but dude didnt build right.. lol.. I have stripped it down like you would see in my other post.. and building from scratch :)

Lee

Where did you get the head from Graham? I also only use Tarot for clone Align parts.

Graham Lawrie

I was looking for link arms as Align sent the wrong ones(Which they have now replaced free of charge:)). and i found a cheap one on ebay from Hon Kong.

Lee

Graham,
Here are some of the guys i deal with from HK.
Biggest Online Shopping for R/C Helicopter Hobbies. Authorised Store of Futaba, JR, Align, Walkera, ALZRC, E-flite and Compass RC Hobbies This is where i got my warp.
AC-RC Hobby Very good guy. If the postage is less than you paid, he refunds you the difference.
Infinity Hobby I have bought tonnes of stuff here. Very good.
Radio Control Model,Electric Rc Car,Airplane,Rc Boats wholesale! Good for small bits and cheap RX units.
Tarot ZYX 3 Axis Flybarless Gyro /500FL Flybarless Rotor Head [61851] - $95.99 : ooModel.com Got some 500 parts here, but it did take a while to arrive.

Graham Lawrie

As always Lee Many thanks. I only tried the Hong Kong one to see what it was like , i suspected it would be poor. Being an engineer i am very picky, but the links just fell off i really could and would not use any of it. If i was not putting my 450 together and flying this weekend i would measure to see how bad the tolerances were on the bearing fits, but visually they were poor, mass produced crap,badly:)

Last edited:
Top Bottom