I Need Your Opinion

How Would You Like The Forum To Look?

• I would like the forum to go white for a more simple look, and better functionality.

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • I would like the forum to stay black like it is.

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tony

Staff member
I'm going to have to change servers due to being over my limit by a LOT on the number of files that I have on the server. So when I make the switch, I want to make some changes to the site. Problem is, I'm not sure what changes I want to make so I want to post a poll about the biggest one.

The poll question is above. In simple terms, do you want the dark theme to stick around, or would you rather have it white like all of the other big sites out there? If we go white, the site will get faster and have less issues than it has now. But I want this to be a member decision. So let me know what you think. I can assure you that if we go white, it will not be totally stock. It will just be easier to read, and I won't have an issue every time I update the forum. Thanks for your time on this.

-Tony

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Tony I already voted but I like the dark background. I find a light background difficult to read at night.

Whirlybird

Kind of like the Black, but voted white so as to help the forum run better :)

It's like chicken . . . love the dark meat, but sometimes all there is is white :)

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yeah... Same as whirly... Black is good but if its about the forum running better, I'd go white. Can't vote on iphone so count me ! :)

jaguarxj1

yeah, site is kind of slow now... I run my forum on VB as well, my vote for white...

or maybe problems with speed because hosting ?

Tony

Staff member
I have a lot on this server as it sits now, and I know that it contributes to some of the issues that I'm having. I mean, I'm running 5 sites off the same server lol. That is going to change though. I have two forums, and this is not the biggest one that I own. So, the forums are going onto their own servers, and my other small sites that I do testing on are going onto one server. I am still working out all of the details, but will get it going soon. Hopefully by next week.

The black vs white issue may be resolved quickly with both options. But I will start out with white, and make a black background for the site. It won't be as flashy at first, but it will get there over time. I hate that this template that I have on here has set what Rc-Help is all about. But, nothing has been changed yet so opinions still count and will for a while.

Tony

Staff member
Okay guys, I have enabled a few of the other templates that I have on this forum. We have been on the helicopter one for a while now and it's the one that everyone is used to. If we go white, it will be like the Default style, but I will change the blue colors around, and I will have to do some work to the side bar and things like that. Not a big deal. For the dark, if we decide that we want a dark forum, it will be something like the Black Out, or the Test template. In the test, the text is gray and is hard to read on a gray background. But simple black test would stand out on that one. But I'm more than likely going to go white background with black text. Studies show that is the easiest to read. Just look at facebook. You know they have done studies. Also, look at all of the other HUGE forums out there including the vBulletin forum, they are white as well. It's just much easier to read. Yes, it is much brighter in a dark room or cab at night, but the contrast is much easier to read.

To access these other 3 templates that I have on here, just scroll down to the very bottom of the page that you are on. On the left hand side, there is a dropdown menu with all 4 templates in there. Look through them and let me know what you think.

BTW, the chat doesn't work in anything but the Helicopter template. So if you want to chat with anyone, you will still have to do that in the Helicopter template.

Tony

Staff member
Due to recent events that have happened to me and my family, this change will not happen for a long time now. There is not much that I can do at this time to move the site to a new server, so they may shut it down since I'm so far over. If that happens, I do apologize and will get it fixed asap. Time for me to go back to work for 14 hours a day everyday.

I will leave this discussion open for any further comments and votes. When I get ready to do this, I will take everything in this thread into account. It will be a while before I can do anything, but it will get done.

Tony

Staff member
Jolly, as I have mentioned i will be doing both so people can choose what they like. The black theme will not be like this one however. It will be more simple, and will function better without all of the bloat. If I get this job that I think I will get, then after a few weeks of saving up money that I'm used to making, I will be able to put this, and all my other forums, on the servers they need to be on. if I get this position, I won't have a lot of time, but I will have the money to do what I want with anything I want. Man do I miss this money.

Tony

Staff member
Thanks Sam, as is my family. Something will happen soon, I'm just sure it's not going to be soon enough.

Top Bottom