Spektrum I need some seriously help with my stupid dx6i

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I am kinda scared guys...

I have tried to put a backlight on my dx6i but for wierd reasons it hasn't worked out well. I don't know why. Whatever I had removed almost everything from the insides. Just the backlight led screen is in there unhooked. But ignore that cause it's all insulated and not doing anything.
Now, I know when the tx module is on , in the dx6i, there is a little red led that goes off. I have removed my charging port (cause I has installed a switch fr backlight there before, now it's empty) .. So I can see inside the tx when its on, and see the red led glow.

I know that when it's glowing it's working. All of a sudden hovering mg mcpx. It just fell from the air.. I thought my board was bad until I saw that the led was off inside the tx.. I pressed from my right hand just to check and the led would come on and or flicker. Sometime it would stay on, and then just go off. Does this happen to you guys? Any fix for this. I am sure it's not a faulty dx6i.. May be just a beat up one.. But this thing is like my hands and feet in the air. And as far as its my little mcpx or 450 .. They are ok. Their esc fail safe tells them to throttle down and just hit the ground no matter what , but my .50 size, as soon as it looses bind, throttle servo opens all the way automatically into the bind is regained. If that happens in the air, I'll be looking at a lost or totaled heli and or injuries.

I need some serious help!

Please let me know!

Thanks!

Don't tell me I'll have to pull out my flysky. Please!!! Ohh please!!!! No!!!

Tony

Staff member
Take the case apart and check all of the connections and plugs. Make sure your Tx/Rx card is in place like it should be. And make sure the prongs from the EL sheet are not touching anything.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Connectors were ok. The extra backlit screen was putting pressure on the while circuit board thats the heart of it all.

I removed it, cleared and cleaned any extra electronics. And also checked all solder joints.

Now no loosing bind. I even tried dropping the tx from a couple inches on carpet. Pressing everywhere and observing the light. Everything was fine. It's working now.

The double sides clear tape I think was too think for it..

Anywaz.. Hope it's fully fixed!

Top Bottom