700 I need some advice please on a 700

Dirk

I was considering buying a new plane (Hangar 9 Cessna 182 with a 96" wingspan) but realized that there is no way it will fit in my car.

Okay, plan B. Another heli! This is where I need some advice and help.

I have short listed three 700 size helis. Align 700, TSA Infusion 700 and a Goblin 700 or 770. Keep in mind that I do not do any serious 3D flying. Price wise there is not a huge difference between the helis.

My heart draws me towards the Gobby. Is it a nice heli to just fly around and do some aerobatics with?

pvolcko

Any of them will fit the bill for sport flying. Really boils down to looks, bling factor, and repair costs, I'd say. TSA and Align are similar in style. I like the battery loading on the TSA vs Align. IT also appears to be narrower which may give it an edge on speed runs, if you're into that kind of thing. Some nice extras included with them too like servo wiring holders, grommets for through frame routing, etc. Not sure on parts availability and costs. Align is reasonably cheap on parts and a well established standard in the industry. HArd to go wrong. Goblin is sexy as hell, very nimble and has impeccable machining on parts. That said, you pay a premium, it has some limitations on size of battery you can get in there, and parts can be expensive (boom and canopy especially).

Lee

There are quite a few more options out there that I would consider as well.
The Agile 7.2 from KDS Looks awesome, and is getting great praise.
The Compass 7HV for crash ability seems to be the strongest and cheapest to repair.
The MD7/8 another awesome kit that comes with all the parts to stretch it to an 800.
Or the Protos 700 as Graham said. Getting up in price with that one though.
Out of these, I would put the TSA and Align at the bottom of the list, not because they are bad, just they are not my choice.
I would put the Goblin and Agile at the top, but i would go with the Agile more than likely, as I already own a Goblin 570.
Just my personal choice :)

murankar

Staff member
I agree with Lee. I would look at the 7.2 or the md 7/8. Nick from rchn is going to be doing a review of the md here real soon. Deter has has all the md helis except the 7/8 and he was praising them.
Also the Gaui x7 is one nice bird. Not sure about the parts cost though.

As for align well I am not a huge fan of align, but they do have the prices people like.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Dirk

Thanks for the feedback gents. I did a lot of research the last couple of days, and I've decided to go.........NITRO! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

That obviously chucks the Gobby out of the picture. I seriously considered the Agile 7.2. I really like the KDS range and my KDS Innova has been excellent so far, but the local support is a little iffy. The local agent waits until he has completely run out of spares before ordering again.

I did look at a lot of helis during my decision making, but as I've said, I've decided to go the nitro way. For spares availability and backup, that basically leaves me with two choices. TSA and Align.

Well, I placed my order for a TSA 700N with a YS 91 Tareq Edition nitro motor. The prices are very good for this combo and Goblin Hobbies are very well known for their excellent customer service. They are the local agent for both Goblin and TSA.

This time I promise I will do a photo build thread! :encouragement::encouragement:

Top Bottom