Trucks I Need Help

Dustins73

I need some help trying to figure out this tmaxx I'm brand new. I got both pieces used. Glow plugs worked but I did put a new one in to be safe. I put new fuel in. I can not see any moving through the lines. I've disconnected the fuel tank and the lines, lines are clear. I have a few pics and a couple of videos tells me all my pics and videos are to large

Smoggie

Is the needle in the carburettor adjusted correctly? If it's screwed fully in it will prevent any fuel from being drawn in. Typically it should be 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 turns out from fully in, but this varies motor to motor. The needle and jets can also become gummed up and blocked if the motor was left for a while, see if you can blow through the fuel pipe into the carb.

Dustins73

I adjusted high and low screws.went to Traxxas for their recommendations on that part. I know nothing about these. When I try to start the engine it doesn't even sound like it's getting fuel. Doesn't even attempt to turn over. I can see one little thing spinning as I I try to fir it up. Wish the vids would load

Tony

Staff member
If you have the needles at the factory settings and you are still not getting any fuel, then the carb is likely gummed up. Just take some regular ole carb cleaner and blow it through the carb and clean it out. If you hold your finger over the exhaust or the carb when you are cranking the engine, then you should definitely see fuel making its way towards the carb.

Dustins73

I have never used YouTube. And thank you Tony. I'm just thinking it has other issues. But won't know till I get the engine off and see if I have compression

Tony

Staff member
I would follow my T-Maxx rebuild series on rebuilding that engine and cleaning it out. If the carb is gummed up, then it is likely the rest of it is as well.

Top Bottom