General I need help with the Align Trex 450 DFC pro 3gx setup

crazyg4m3r

Thanks alot for the reply guys. once the parts are in either tomorrow or sat I am going to put it back together and do this right this time from start to finish. reading this I was way off in my setup. I was getting 0 pitch at mid stick but -15 at low stick and like +13 at high stick. and when I moved throttle up the servos wouldn't necessarily give me a level swash they would go up and down at their own rate then the gyro would kick in and try to level it off. and holtneil I more than likely will take you up on that offer to skype Because I have a lot of questions and no one in my area to answer any of them heli related.

I'm glad I found you guys to pitch in and help me out. this is a hobby I have always wanted to get into there was just never anyone around to help me out. and I was about ready to just give up and write it off my list of want to do's.

I appreciate the help and I will update you when the parts are in.

Thanks Guys.

holtneil

Hi mate I am working nights but I am about this sat evening and most of sunday , we have a time difference but can get round that so we can meet up on here first then skype , good luck on the repairs take your time and we will get it right and flying really nice

holtneil

HI mate the difference in pitch is due to swash being low adjust all links by one turn each and check this should make it even, It should give you +12 to -12, this is all part of set up at the end when its all done we will used pitch curves for flight modes , we have to set up this way to have servos and swash dead centre of travel

crazyg4m3r

right now i'm at 0 at half throttle and +16 at full throttle and -14 at no throttle. I'm doing all this setup in Dir Mode correct? so this means I need to bring the swash up or down? And Does it have to be exactly -12 +12 because the way it's going I'm going to be plus or minus + or - 1-2 numbers.

Tony

Staff member
Having more positive pitch means you need to lower the swash. You should only need one turn of each of the swash links.

holtneil

Hi mate no does not have to -12 to +12, I think mine came in at -13 to +13, we can use the pitch curve to set it to 12 degs so you dont over drive the servos

Tony

Staff member
You can also use the swash mix menu which is what I use. Never did like limiting my pitch via the pitch curve.

Tony

Staff member
Just woke up lmao. Drinking my first cup of coffee and trying to stay caught up here on the forum.

crazyg4m3r

Alright, I see now that I can swash mix the pitch curve. I'm spending hours on this thing just trying to get the pitch curve to be exact for each blade. I suppose me spending this much time on just pitch curve should help me out in the future with setting pitch curves. But man oh man is it confusing just starting out.

Tony

Staff member
There is most definitely a learning curve with all of this. But once you do it a few times, it will be like second nature setting one of these up.

holtneil

Hi my friend each blade , No just work on the one blade , How Tony does it by putting a blade along the tail boom and one out front , zero the pitch gauge across the front of the helis frame so it is sitting just above the servos , once the gauge is zero pop it on to the blade thats pointing out front and adjust the pitch at the throttle points of zero /mid / full then use points 2/3 to balance the curve between the points you just set thats it all done
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3Z3VudHO68

Top Bottom