450 I Need Help Figuring Out Cp Tail Belt Lenght

Hugh

hello all i am new to hobby and i need information please ..
i bought a protech zoom 425/450 helicopter a few years back and the tail belt finally broke .
i have a couple esky 450 belts and they are to small by about 2 inches i did do some research and its kinda limited but i found out this is a imported helicopter from the netherlands ? the belt number i did find online is t0502.063 and no the one that broke doesnt have a number .. options ? find belt or do i cut down tail boom and use a shorter belt? will this affect copter flight? thanks in advance

Tony

Staff member
Unfortunately I cannot find a 'length' on the belt, but the part number is T0502.063. This helicopter may be old enough that there are no parts available. It's not just the length, it's also the pitch of the teeth. If it were me, this would be an awesome reason to get a Goblin or Align helicopter lol.

murankar

Staff member
Shortening the boom can cause other issues you may not want. Things like COG, tail authority and the such can be affected by doing so. Its best to find a belt that fits correctly if possible. Like Tony stated this would be the time to get a newer model heli that still has support.

Top Bottom