450 I need an IKON DX6i professional!!!!

trainrider06

Ok I have rebuilt this Align 450Pro DFC for this guy, he's not very good at fixin em...and am not sure how his flying abilities are either because he shipped this thing to me from California.
He wants this fancy IKon stuck on here, and I have rebuilt the heli, and stuck this pain in the well you know on it. now I am finding that with the DX6i there is some fiddling one must do to get it to work correctly.
I have a few issues I have been muddling through on this...for now I will ask about these....
1. I am not getting full throws on the transmitter setup! 95-96 on the Aile, pitch, tail.
Someone said put all settings in the reverse menu and fiddle with it till it comes about....I have...it didn't.
2. the throttle does not come on until about 3 clicks up on the transmitter, then it works fine spools up normally.
3. Its very twitchy in beginner, and sport mode....this may be a setting I jacked with in the setup on the slider and the different settings...because before it was a slug, I would have to just about take the cyclic all the way to get it to move, and then do the same the other way to correct....(this was not fun to do in the garage!)
Because it was all over hell!
4. landing it it acts like it has monster negative pitch or something...it pops down pretty hard...this may be an issue with the throttle, where I am taking it past the 3 clicks and its just dropping...I don't know
It set up nice on pitch settings though -12/+12 0 midstick...
Anyone know how I may proceed? :banghead::puppy_dog_eyes:

Tony

Staff member
1. As long as you have a green bar on it with the throws, you will be fine.

2. You need to calibrate the TX and esc. Turn on the TX and raise the throttle all the way up. Then plug in the helicopter and listen for the first beeps then lower the stick all the way.

3. You might need to set some DR/Expo in there to tame it down. Bit make sure all of the settings in the gyro are correct before you do this.

trainrider06

Ok on the first 2, but do you mean DR/EXpo in radio or on the settings in the IKon? And by all settings in the gyro, do you mean setup? Right now DR/Expo is inhibited in radio, it was on, and that seemed to be when it was acting really slow around center stick.

trainrider06

Hmm, so allow DR/EXpo on the radio? What about DR? It was zero, should I put that at 100
Because it seems there is no difference in beginner and sport settings on the thing...

Tony

Staff member
Oh that's just to keep me from fat fingerings this keyboard and confusing people lol. Keep posting questions if you have them.

trainrider06

Ok got her manageable now, DR/EXpo was inhibited still playing around with adjustments, trying to find the sweet spot on it, was as you said on throttle, that's settled....the only thing it seems to slap down pretty quick though on landing, but I did manage to feather it down nicely 1 out of the 3 test hovers, so maybe it's me dumb thumbing it...
Thanks again Tony!

Tony

Staff member
Make sure your throttle and pitch settings are as below.

Throttle Curve
Normal: 0 40 65 65 65
IU1: 75 70 65 70 75
IU2: 85 80 75 80 85

Pitch Curves
Normal: 46 48 50 75 100
IU1: 0 25 50 75 100
IU2: 0 25 50 75 100

These are the curves that I run. And I think they work great.

trainrider06

Make sure your throttle and pitch settings are as below.

Throttle Curve
Normal: 0 40 65 65 65
IU1: 75 70 65 70 75
IU2: 85 80 75 80 85

Pitch Curves
Normal: 46 48 50 75 100
IU1: 0 25 50 75 100
IU2: 0 25 50 75 100

These are the curves that I run. And I think they work great.
Ah thanks Tony was wondering about if I should change those also...right now it's on the new model defaults...but I only have the 2 settings for the DX6i, and not sure I have the idol 0 and 1 switch even activated.
I was kinda thinking that was what the different setting were in the IKon setup....
I'm a little confused here, so let me see if I understand this...
So what your saying is I should have the ability to use Idol 0 and 1 in setting 1 and 3 of the IKon settings??
Once I set up the F mode switch and throttle pitch curves of course...
By the way I did get it tamed down running 75/35 in DR/EXPO
Thanks for the help on that.

Tony

Staff member
There is an F-Mode setting in the settings menu. In there you will want to activate Fmode on the Fmode switch, and Hold on the Hold switch. Set hold at a flat 0%.

Since you only have two position switches, set it for normal and IU1 to start. you can play with IU2 later.

And you will also want to use the settings on the Ikon, known as "Banks". This way, you can set a very tame flying style, and one with more agility. Or one with self level or something.

trainrider06

There is an F-Mode setting in the settings menu. In there you will want to activate Fmode on the Fmode switch, and Hold on the Hold switch. Set hold at a flat 0%.

Since you only have two position switches, set it for normal and IU1 to start. you can play with IU2 later.

And you will also want to use the settings on the Ikon, known as "Banks". This way, you can set a very tame flying style, and one with more agility. Or one with self level or something.
Lol ok yeah I know about setting the switch on radio, and I already have the IKon programmed in setting 1 (beginner)
Setting 3 (sport) I was being an idiot thinking those were like the idol 0 and 1 switch and didn't need that switch activated... Sorry for the confusion on my part...
Thank you!

Tony

Staff member
It's my pleasure bro. Just glad you got it flying in teh air. The Ikon is an amazing gyro.

Top Bottom