450 i knew it all along

baylis

hi all, it was obvious but I didn't do it till the end, I just finished building a align trex 450 sport combo kit, following manual, finless bob, & all your tips on this excellent forum, it sat on the table for about a week (the weather was terrible here in uk), then I had a chance to test it in the back garden, tx on heli on, here we go spin up and all it done was go in circles, back to the manual, checked everything, I thought gyro needs reversing, but I left it the way it was set, back on the bench reset all links arms the lot, back in the garden spool up again same think happen, so I sat there and thought ill reverse the gyro, tried again then :banroll:, it was brilliant flew solid, put 4 batteries on now problems at all, so why didn't I reverse the gyro in the first place ? :banghead:

EyeStation

Great news. We always trust our build to be right, so the hesitation on reversing the gyro is common. It feels even better when your own investigation solves the problem.

baylis

thanks for reply eyestation, next heli to sort out is a honey bee v2, ive had it 6 years now still in box,

Smoggie

Whenever i build a new heli i always do a last check of gyro response directions and control response directions immediately before the maiden flight. It's saved me a couple of times. I think sometimes when you are building you are tired by the time you get to the final setup stages and you can miss things, a final check before flight never does any harm. On the bigger helis youi would rarely be lucky enough for the heli to survive a spoolup with any gyro response reversed, so you really need to get it right first time.

baylis

hi smoggie, I took my time no rush, like you say check everything twice, I did and missed the gyro reverse, :redface:

Top Bottom