General I have a ? For anybody that can help

mafesto74

I just got an eflite apprentice & is missing the rubber bands that hold the main wing to the fuselage I been to almost all the hobby shops close to my area, but they don't have them. I know I can get them online pretty much every where, but it will take till next wk to get to me. My ? Is. Could I go to Walmart or Office Depot & get regular rubber band & put enough of them so I could fly it this week end? Do you guys have an idea. I know the ones for the plane are made for that particular use, but I figure if I put a few more of the ones that I can get it will hold it in place & i would think that one of this office places they should sell different sizes. What you guys think? Thanks in advance.

RCD

Glencairn Drone
You'll have no problem using rubber bands from walmart! I do it all the time!

Tony

Staff member
Holy crap, Travis is still alive lmao. You need to post more bro!

And you will be fine. I use 1/8"x3" rubber bands on the RCH Trainer and have not had any issues with losing a wing. I have broke some in a crash but that is to be expected.

Blade_flyer

I use Office Depot Size 64 rubber bands. they are 3 1/2 x 1/4". They work perfect for the Apprentice. Always use fresh rubber bands. They will dry out just sitting around. I learned this from a jumpmaster in OK back when I was stupid enough to jump out of perfectly good airplanes. We used them for line stays on the packs. I usually buy a small bag and throw any out that haven't been used in a month or two.

Can't skydive anymore...I developed a back problem. It's a yellow streak that runs right up the middle!

Top Bottom