I Gotz Some New Toyz!

Tony

Staff member
I just can't quit getting into trouble. We had a fun fly at the VA center yesterday, and I made the mistake of telling Louis that I liked one of his planes (Rogue Bipe). Long story short, I went over to his house to "purchase" that plane that he just so "happened" to have new in the box. So, we get there, I walk in, and he doesn't pull down the Bipe, he pulls down others. Including the Extra 260 and Edge 540. So, here I am looking in the boxes of the Rogue Bipe, Extra 260, and Edge 540, and I can't make a decision. The Edge 540 was not really on the list since I already had one. But, I still couldn't decide on the other two.

So what did I do?

I purchased all 3 of them lol. My wife is not that happy right now cause the living room floor is covered in planes now. I did a dry fit of all of the parts, and they are just sitting there now lol. I think it looks great. She hates it.

The Extra 260 will be the first in the air. It was a full ARF kit with all of the horns and linkages that I needed. The Bipe and 540 need everything other than the fuse and wings (horns and such, including landing gear). The Bipe needs everythign like the 540, but it has gears, still need the axles and wheels though. Oh, and pants lol.

All of the planes are around 40" wing. So, they are smaller than my Edge 540 that I have had for a bit. The Bipe is the smallest at about 37", and the Extra is the biggest (of the new ones) at about 43" I think.

I will be getting pics of all of these soon and post them up on here. I'm still trying to figure out what power system to put on them. I'm thinking a 1300kv motor on a 4s setup for the Extra though hehe.

Tony

Staff member
I am trying to get the Extra 260 together now. Just installed all of the servos, fixing to epoxy the horz stab into place, then I will CA all of the hinges and install the control horns. Once I'm done with all of that, and I'm waiting on the motor, ESC, and spinner (and whatever else I need to go over $50 lol), I will post pics of all of them together.

Tony

Staff member
It will be a little while before I get the Edge and the Bipe in the air. I'm going to order the motor and ESC for the Extra 260 here soon, cause I really want to fly that one. If you want to see more detailed pics, check out the posts in the Prop section. i have posted all 3 of them in their own threads in there.

Top Bottom