I Got Another Simulator

Geena

Staff member
I have been wanting to try this simulator for quite a while, and since it is the official simulator of Team Gaui USA....I pulled the trigger and got it. The neXt simulator.

It was pretty easy to set up with my Futaba 14SG, and came with an RX2sim module. The module makes it possible to bind a receiver to it, and sim wirelessly. Which is very nice.

I got it working, sort of, and I tinkered with it for about 1/2 hour or so. This simulator, is NOT for beginners, and requires a TON of tuning... much like Accurc does. I got the controls working properly, but I can`t get throttle hold to work. Like I said, LOTS of tuning.

Things I liked right away:

1. The models look exactly like they do in real life.
2. The flying sites are exceptionally realistic
3. The engine/motor sounds are realistic

Things I didn`t like right away: ( These most likely will be cured with fine tuning.)

1. Controls feel delayed between stick inputs, and when the helicopter actually responds.
2. Controls are a bit jerky, and overly sensitive when the helicopters do finally respond to the inputs.
3. Overly complicated parameters menus.

One plus is, that it does not take a super gamer`s computer to run it. So it should be a pretty good simulator once I get the hang of tuning and adjusting it. I`ll have more to say about it after I`ve used it for a while. But these are my initial thoughts on it.

ChopDrifter

nice, yeah it's not that resource hungry like Accurc, but has better graphics than Realflight 7/8. Though Realflight X is supposed to compete with Next and Accurc in terms of graphics and apparently it's also resource hungry. But in any case a sim or multiple sims are a good investment in this hobby, the crashes are free.

With the sensitivity I use 20 or 30 % expo on tail and cyclics depending on the model. Anyways if you want to create an online Next multiplayer sim one day, I'd be happy to join in, just give us a heads up on when it will be.

PS I didn't know it's the official sim for Gaui, which explains it has most of it's popular gaui models

Admiral

Had a look at NeXt demo version while it looks good I can't justify it, I already own four SIM packages.

I would have to find something really exceptional before I could buy another one.

murankar

Staff member
I have neXt myself. Let us know when you want to be online. I have never flown online with anyone. I suck just as bad on the sim, LMAO.

Geena

Staff member
Well.... I spent some time with the neXt simulator tonight, and I figured out what was wrong, that caused the glitches I was having with it. For starters, the receiver I was using. R7008SB was not playing nicely with the RX2SIM module. It kept going in and out of bind, hence the jerky unnatural feel. I changed the receiver to an R617FS, and it was game on.

Changing the receiver made ALL the difference, and now neXt flies better than any of my other simulators. Including Real Flight 7.5. I still have to figure out how to make auto rotation work, but other than that, it`s turned out to be a worthwhile purchase.

I can hardly wait to get the auto rotation working. I`m anxious to find out how autos feel on this simulator. I also still have a little tuning to do on the models themselves (NX7, and X7FZ). I tried one of my team mate`s settings, but his are a bit too slow for my flying style. Once I get it tuned and flying the way I want it, I`ll do some flight recordings, and post them up.

Geena

Staff member
Figured out auto rotation on neXt. You have to hit the space bar. I don`t like that, but that`s how it is. Autos feel real though, and if you don`t do it right... it ends exactly how a real botched auto turns out... picking up parts.. LOL.

ChopDrifter

Not sure on how RX2sim works, but I have a USB transmitter and for autorotation, I can assign my TH switch which works similar to my real TX. If you need help assigning switches let me know, i'll try to help.

Geena

Staff member
Yeah, I tried assigning a switch, and apparently, the RX2sim module does not work that way. But I have not really gotten very far into the tuning and setup. So I may get it eventually.

Top Bottom