Projects I found some Foam board but...........

Lee

A stationary shop just 2 mins walk from my house has foamboard :) As you probably guessed, when i saw it, i was already building 3 or 4 planes in my head. Until i asked the price. One sheet is 10euros ($13) !!!!!!!
Guess my scratch building is still on hold :(

Tony

Staff member
Dayumn lmao. And I thought it was high when I was paying $6 a sheet for large heavy foam board lol.

A stationary shop just 2 mins walk from my house has foamboard :) As you probably guessed, when i saw it, i was already building 3 or 4 planes in my head. Until i asked the price. One sheet is 10euros ($13) !!!!!!!
Guess my scratch building is still on hold :(

You might try Adam's Plastics (the makers of the amazing dollar tree foam board that is the shiznit!) And see if they will do long distance orders.

Lee

Found some cheaper, in the town next to us. Sheets as big as 140cm/100cm or 55/40 inches for you retro people. 4.50EU a sheet. Still not dollar tree prices but do-able. And rolls of packing tape, multi colours.
So i have 4 sheets and i have started a plane. You will have to wait until tomorrow to see my new project :D Plans are printed and parts cut out. Should be glued up tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Found some cheaper, in the town next to us. Sheets as big as 140cm/100cm or 55/40 inches for you retro people. 4.50EU a sheet. Still not dollar tree prices but do-able. And rolls of packing tape, multi colours.
So i have 4 sheets and i have started a plane. You will have to wait until tomorrow to see my new project :D Plans are printed and parts cut out. Should be glued up tomorrow.

Tony

Staff member
Sweet. I'm actually designing a new plane right now. Just took it out for it's maiden and had a couple issues. The plane is a little hose heavy and the wings really need a spar. Both issues are being fixed right now. we should debut at the same time lmao.

Top Bottom