Spektrum I finally joined the club

callsign4223

Staff member
I was trolling craigslist and found this baby for the ridiculously low price of $250. Just couldn't pass it up for that. It came with a AR8000 and a telemetry module.

On a side note, anyone want a dx6i with a backlight mod?
Photo Dec 14, 2 42 54 PM.jpg

Photo Dec 14, 2 42 54 PM.jpg

callsign4223

Staff member
I'm thinking around $140 shipped, but I will be coming through most of Texas in January so drop shipping off of that if we met up. I need to get with Tony to fix the backlight mod first. One of the wires on it came loose.

Tony

Staff member
Great find bro. Now we can swap files if you ever get a plane or heli that I have. Also, if you have what others have, you can swap those as well right here on the site.

As for that wire, if you have the Hakko soldering station, you can do this just fine. I didn't know it when I stated what I did earlier. That iron will work perfectly. But I will do it if you want, it's not a big deal.

callsign4223

Staff member
I am probably fine doing it, I am just worried about my abilities with it. The smallest thing I have soldered so far is the battery wires for the mcpx when I had to extend them.

Tony

Staff member
Either way bro, just let me know. It would take longer to heat up the iron than to solder that piece. and with a hakko, that's fast lmao. Just make sure not to connect the positive and negative together with too much solder. And make sure you are using 60/40.

callsign4223

Staff member
Ya, I figure I will just meet up with you and watch you at it, I'm more comfortable that way. Besides, we got some stuff swappin' to do.

Tony

Staff member
Yes we do lmao. I want my heli back from Adam, and I want my plane back from you lmao. I would like to get the iron, batteries and whatever else we made a deal on, but I dont' think you want to let those go lmao.

callsign4223

Staff member
I'm good with everything but the batteries. I need those to fly my stuff. I guess you could pry 1 out of my hands if you begged enough though ;)

Tony

Staff member
Lmao. I think I have one 2200 left and it's a low C battery that is old as dirt. They are pretty cheap and seeing as I can't get out and fly any time soon, it would be wasted.

callsign4223

Staff member
Thanks to Tony's prodding I have just gone ahead and fixed the backlight mod on the DX6i, so it is up for sale if anyone wants it. Going to go post in the for sale section with some pics.

Top Bottom