I didn't have a clue

sphill1051

Hi!
I have been attempting to try and teach myself Quads. That being said I have purchased a Dromida Ominus FPV and trying to fly it without crashing into something or burning a motor up. I then figured that a flight simulator might help so I bought the Phoenix 5.5 bundle with the transmitter. While I was at it I figured to go inside and get something small to practice with. That is a Blade inductrix. I hope to be able to learn how to use these items as it has been an eye-opener finding out what it out there.
sphill1051

Tony

Staff member
Hey sphill1051, welcome to RCH! None of us knew anything when we first got started. That is what Rc-Help is here for. You did the perfect first step in getting Phoenix. I have it and it has taught me more than anything else.

Those quads should prove you very well in learning how to fly. I can assure you, within 6 months (if it takes that long lol) you will be into 250 size quads. And those little things are as fun as you can get. Very fast, very agile and a blast to fly.

If at any time you have questions, all you have to do is post them up. We are here to help.

:welcome1:

murankar

Staff member
Welcome to RCH. Glad you found us. We have a fairly large quad section that will guide you through your initial start up. So for you chose a good route to start, a micro with a sim. You will find that the micros do have limitations. Get to practicing and feel free to post up any video you record. Videos for RCH are hosted on youtube then linked here. we also like pictures. Food luck and welcome to rch.

Smoggie

Good luck with your quads. I'm not sure of those specific models but often you have different stability modes available and on the most stable setting the quad should pretty much fly itself. The problem i find with quads if orientation because from any distance the front looks just like the back and the left side looks just like the right, so trying to figure what way they are pointing and so what control input to apply on the stick is a challenge.

Heliman450

Hi!
I have been attempting to try and teach myself Quads. That being said I have purchased a Dromida Ominus FPV and trying to fly it without crashing into something or burning a motor up. I then figured that a flight simulator might help so I bought the Phoenix 5.5 bundle with the transmitter. While I was at it I figured to go inside and get something small to practice with. That is a Blade inductrix. I hope to be able to learn how to use these items as it has been an eye-opener finding out what it out there.
sphill1051

Hi sphill1051! Welcome to the Forum, it's been a great resource for me without a local guru available. Sounds like you're on the right track.

I can't help much at all with quads, however, one thing you should know about the simulator (unless you know already) you can make many adjustments to the way it's set up in the background to bring it closer to your own model. Brilliant as the guys are that write the software they just can't spend too much time fine tuning it for all available models.

Spend a bit of time looking into the settings and ask for help on that score too.

Enjoy!

KLA

Welcome to RCHELP. I have found that this forum is the best forum available. The members are great, very helpful, respectable and very understanding of other people's problems. I'm sure you will feel the same way I do as I am also new to this forum. If you have any questions at all please feel free to ask and I, as well as a lot of other members will do our best to help. Good luck and happy Flying.

sphill1051

Thank you all for the support! I know when cruising this site there will be valuable info to be had here. sphill1051

Lillyryan

Welcome to the forum. These guys are worth their weight in gold. Phoenix sim is a great place to start and the little quad will be good for practicing orientation etc

Top Bottom