500 I did like the movie

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Has anyone heard anything good, bad or indifferent about this new brand of heli? Smoggie/ you know about the new products that come out...huh

murankar

Staff member
Looks nice. Like the battery tray; all though I wounder how much it weighs. Need to see more.

Admiral

It is very closely related to the Synergy 516, there is a dispute between two former business partners and they are both using the same design, there is another thread on here some where that details the issue. Found it General - New heli?

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Wonder if it's RTF with it's own electronics, motor & servos or do you have to supply them? Either way has my interest for 3D flying. Need more information and input from company.

Smoggie

I'm in a heli group in the UK and we had a presentation from two of the guys behind Tron Dario Neuenschader and Joachim Etter. Dario is a top level 3D flyer and Joachim is the guy who was behind XNova motors. They and Ricky Yin in China have got together to bring the Tron brand to market. They went though their 5.5 and Nitron in great detail, they look like a really nice helis. These guys are very experienced in the hobby and really passionate about RC Helis so I'm sure they will make the brand a big success.

Sure there was some 'drama' over the brand at first due to dispute between Ricky Yin (who used to manufacture Synergy helis) and Matt Botos (who designed and distributed them). It was all very messy and centered around who owned the Synergy brand name and the IP of the heli designs. Anyway, it seems to be sorted now or at least a truce called. It's been accepted by all parties that the Tron helis are not clones or copies, they don't share any parts with Synergy or break any copyright etc. so you can buy with a clear conscience.

As well as the current 5.5, 'Nitron' and 7.0 they have a 700 size nitro model almost ready to go. They showed us the prototype in the presentation, it looked great.

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Great information Smoggie, interesting facts that even a small business has it's up/downs. Looking forward in further readings on this heli.

Top Bottom