Quad I couldn't help it, I just had to

Stambo

I have been watching the Tiny Whoop craze with interest and finally did something about it.
It's not a Tiny Whoop but it does the job.
I can't believe the video quality out of this little camera.
The flight time is quite low, less than 2 minutes, I need bigger batteries.
I will upload some video from my Dominators when I get to fly somewhere a bit tidier than my messy house.

2016-10-01 11.00.50.jpg

2016-10-01 10.29.18.jpg

2016-10-01 10.28.38.jpg

2016-10-01 10.58.27.jpg

2016-10-01 11.00.50.jpg

2016-10-01 10.58.27.jpg

2016-10-01 10.29.18.jpg

2016-10-01 10.28.38.jpg

Tony

Staff member
I have a tiny whoop (kind of) on the way (or should be on the way). The one that is coming to me doesn't have the ducts so it's not as wall friendly, but it's only 95mm with a carbon fiber frame. And yes, it comes with the cam/vtx combo already. I can't wait.

Take that thing outside and get us some flight footage flying under benches and crap lol.

Stambo

Well, I did something really stupid on the weekend.
I have some batteries I got with my little H8 that are the same size as the ones in this little machine.
The plug is slightly different but I was able to modify it to make it fit.
Unfortunately it also fit the wrong way and that is just what I did. :(
In too much of a hurry to get it flying, I did not bother to put my glasses on.
The props on the quad went immediately to full speed so I unplugged really quick.
Too late, that sickly, burning electronics smell came from the VTX on the camera.
I plugged it in the right way and it still works but as soon as you spin up the motors the video turns to absolute garbage.
I imagine the power filtering part of the VTX has been destroyed.
It was fun while it lasted, I just have to get another as soon as I can afford it.
On a plus side, the little quad still works perfectly and that really surprised me.

Tony

Staff member
Awesome about the quad, complete suckage about the camera. I have been there more times than I would like to count. Have you looked at the board to see if you can replace the piece that burnt up? I'm guessing it was just a regulator which you should be able to find all over the place. If you are good at soldering micro electronics that is. and if your eyes are as bad as mine, that can be a challenge.

Top Bottom