Batteries I Chareger 306B

Tomhintz

I have the I charger 306B with their 500watt power supply and a balance board set up. My problem is figuring out the amp rate I can charge multiple batteries at. For instance I have a bunch of 6s, 5000mAh packs so is there an amp-per battery rate that you add up to get the charge rate? The battery manufacturer says we can charge these packs at up to 10 amps each.

Slobberdog

each pack will be 5 amps that is mah/1000 = 5000/1000=5. this is for 1c charge rate

give your post above the max charge rate will be 2c or the 10amp

I would recommend charging 2 at a time at 1c, so set your charger up for 10a charge.

Tony

Staff member
All you have to do is add up your TOTAL mah of ALL of the packs, then divide that number by 1000 as stated above. That will give you your 1c charge rate. When I charged 9 3s packs at one time, I did it at a full 30 amps.

Lee

For longevity of your batteries, charge them at 1C as stated. Your batteries will have a rating on them for what C rate you can charge them at. So if you are in a hurry, you can charge them at a higher rate.
For example:
A 5000mah battery with a 2C rating can be charged at 10A
5000/1000=5A, 5A x 2C = 10A

I use Gens Ace batteries that have a 5C rating so i can charge at a much higher current. But i Only ever do them at 2C.
I charge my 4 Gens Ace 1400mah batteries in 25mins but if i wanted, this could be reduced to 10mins.

Tomhintz

Got to use my new 306B at the field this weekend. Found out that charging 15 5000mAh packs (my 5 thee times) kills my deep cycle car battery. Had to go to the car's battery to charge the last two of the day. I am going to "re purpose" a case I have for the 306B setup which will be a real head-turner. It's a bunch of overkill but he case was given to me by a good friend and was sitting there unused. I will do a short story with photos when I get the rest of the interior for it.
The charger works great though, as everyone here already knows.
I am getting solid 5-minute flights with 35 to 40% left over. I am still using too much collective so hope to get that to 6 minutes once the thumbs wise up some more.

Top Bottom