Micro I Am Thinking Of Buying Xk130 Or Xk K110

bbgRa_

Hello everyone,

Which helicopter should I start with?
I am thinking of buying XK130 or XK K110, Would you recommend this helicopter?

Matt

I’ve got an XK K120 and like it a lot.

if you already have a transmitter I’d suggest a Blade heli since they are easier to get parts for

any of the Blade micros are nice. The Blade MCPX BL2 is a really nice heli. It’s got a beginner mode where the heli self levels and makes it easier to learn on. The XK helis have a beginner mode too.

I’m pretty sure all the Blade helis have an RTF version.

check out your local hobby shop and see what they have in stock and what parts they have in stock

Last edited:

RandyDSok

if you already have a transmitter I’d suggest a Blade heli since they are easier to get parts for

Of course that would require that your transmitter is a Spectrum or Spectrum compatible ... a Futaba as example wouldn't work.

Matt

A Futaba would work on the XK heli and a Spektrum would be good for a Blade heli

big helis go too fast for me! Personally I like the micros better. I can fly them in a park or parking lot, really anywhere.

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
Yes big helis have the potential to go faster. They only go as fast as you let them. My OXY 2 can get up and move and that's a "250" class heli. So don't get wrapped up in this whole bigger is faster. The bigger the heli the more stable it is in the air. You can actually fly a bigger heli farther out which means less potential for injury. The only down side to bigger is the money needed to keep them flying.

one of the fbl units has a way of setting the max tilt of the heli without messing with the expo or D.R. I discovered on the Mikado Neo that you can set the unit up so the heli doesn't flip. When I first set up the oxy 2 I didnt realize I was at full throw and the heli didnt flip. This will help control the over all possible speed. less tilt equals less angle of attack which means less deflection. I think I some point I had my Neo so docile that my 570 didnt flip either. I was able to keep it under control the whole time.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
The big helis are more stable and easier to fly but if and when you crash, cost money to fix them too. Damn if you do, Damn if you don't. You have to pay to play no matter what.

scrc511

I’ve got an XK K120 and like it a lot.

any of the Blade micros are nice. The Blade MCPX BL2 is a really nice heli. It’s got a beginner mode where the heli self levels and makes it easier to learn on. The XK helis have a beginner mode too.

I’m pretty sure all the Blade helis have an RTF version.

check out your local hobby shop and see what they have in stock and what parts they have in stock

I have XK130 bound to Futaba 14SG it’s a Futaba SFHSS Protocol. People with experience on this Heli they recommend XK110 as is it’s not as brittle as the K130. K110 is more reliable and would not likely to break in a crash, power difference I guess. If you have a Futaba Tx with SFHSS protocol then go with XK110, but make sure to stock on parts so in case you need one you won’t have to wait 15-20 days to get your parts from China. Got a deal on a new BL2 so I bought a new DX9. One thing with Blade Heli’s BNF they’re a little easier to work on and parts are fairly available from your local hobby shop. I’ve had the first Mcpx, and the first gen bl both are amazing flyers. Horizon Hobby’s service are top notch as well. Bigger Heli’s are nice, Goblin 380 is what I fly regularly at the flying field. More power and more stable in the air but have to be flown with caution. If you’re not out in the flying field and just out in the local park, pls know your surroundings first before flying for your safety and others.
Stay safe out there and good luck. Cheers

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
If your really into the small birds I would take a serous look at the OXY 2. That heli on 215s is way better than a 130 or 110.

I know some folks will claim that it can't be flown in the living room. To that I agree, it can't be flown I your living room. Then I again I would not be flying a 110 or 130 on my living room either. Its your call on what and where you fly. For the money the OXY 2 is an amazing machine. Its the smallest bird ill fly.

You could build an OXY 2 for under $500. I can't recall what I paid for mine. I got 4 packs, the essential electronics kit, blades and added my rx. Now I have a vcontrol and yes a full size vbar neo works. Albeit its beefy on there but it fits. It was kinda designed for that sized fbl to begin with.

Take a look at the OXY 2 its not a terrible kit at all.

Top Bottom