I am stuck with a video on my micro sd card, its not getting copied

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
made a couple mcpx flying videos. and one file probably got interrupted when it didnt have wnough space... now its stuck and my computer wont copy it from the card saying Error -36.. contents are messed up or whatever..

VLC player recognizes the error, i press repair , it repairs it for that session, video plays, but i cant save it on the HDD. or anything. Its just stuck in that card..

any suggestions video people!! ??

Tony

Staff member
Um, unless you have the software to fix the error and force the video off the card, I only have one suggestion. You can do what you did, and use something like FRAPS to record it while it's playing. Then, use that file to upload to the net.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
i downloaded fraps.. its gonna let me do 30 second chunks.. ohhh ghosh!! lol its good i have only a 6.5 minute video.. lol

Tony

Staff member
I purchased it becuase I can record my flight sims with it, I can do computer instructionals with it, and so on. It was worth it to me, but cant' say for you.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
got it figured out... just straight away copied the file from the card.. i was on mac.. mac was having issues with the broken file... i went to parallels desktop, hooked my usb drive as an external to XP not through mac but direct, and it copied the file like a charm... :)

Tony

Staff member
You need to bring that computer up here and let me give it some more ventilation...

Tony

Staff member
Where is the video? You should have had it uploaded by now. I WANT VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Morelight

Fearless Freep
Guys every device I have with an SD card, and I have several, has always allowed me to connect via usb to the device and just copy/paste to the HDD with explorer... I've never heard of such a thing and I have most of my MCSE certs lol.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Hahahaahha! Mac won't let me do it With error -36..

Windows let me when ported through... So.... I mean it's stupid... Haha! I got my videos! And it's all working now.

Tony

Staff member
Morelight, it's just one of those things they don't really teach you in school lol. I learned about some of the "hacking" if that's what you want to call it with the original iPhone when it bricked and I lost my pics. Well, I found some software to hack into it and get all of them back. And I usually upload my pics and vids by connecting the USB, but if the files are large, and I'm in a hurry, I will take the SD card and stick it in the card reader. It's just a little faster and I'm impatient lmao.

murankar

Staff member
Windows has an issue with corupted files. If it thinks it's corupt then it wont mess with it. I have had the issue with an exturnal WD 250 gig hdd. I started getting bad sectors and windows caughed up the Fox-trot Uniform dialog box on me. Then I said ok screw you in comes Ubuntu and no issues. MCSE is a great cert to have only draw back is that it pertains to fixing the OS not the stuff you want to bring into it.

P.S. I have a video uploading right now, 208 minutes left. Dang cellphone bandwidth. Anyhow I will post here after it is up.

Lee

Gaba, what version of Parallels are you using? I have a copy of V4 but it doesn't work with Snowleopard. It says it doesn't have the drivers. I can't find a torrent of V7 to upload.
A great desktop recorder other than Fraps and Mac specific is Screenflow. Its what i use for my sim videos.
The only issues i have had with video is when the battery runs out. The file isn't closed and cannot be opened. There are ways around it, but the video wasn't worth the effort :D

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Dude.. I use the latest one.. I haven't paid a dime.. I use it as a trial for 20 days, enter the same email address again... And get another code.. Have been doing this for more than 8 months now.. :)

Lee

Just downloading it now. I want to run windows for my FBL stuff. How much memory did you have to assign to the windows partition?

Lee

30 Gb is exactly what i was gonna give it. Just installing now. Might try out Phoenix sim. See what the fuss is about :D

Top Bottom