Quad I am into Quads if they can do this! HElp me make this! :)

Tony

Staff member
yeah, but his battery didn't last that long flying like that lol. But yeah, that would be awesome lol.

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
I think there was a lot of time chopped out of the middle Tony. Was some excellent flying though! Good stuff.

Tasajara

I have just started building quads... They are a lot of fun and make a good trainer to move on to heli's if you like.
Here are a few pic's of my Quads... I can fly any where from 7 to 11 min depending on the flight style.

08-SpiderQuad.jpg06-SpiderQuad.jpg

12-3-11xRotorSportQuad.jpgxRotorwithLeds.jpg
xRotorSportLeds.jpg

Here is a parts list to build a Quad Multi rotor Copter

Frames,Props and motors @ BlueSkyRC

Frame: xRotor Spider Quad, or xRotor Sport Quad
Motor: Suppo 2212-11-1200kv Outrunner
Props: 8 x 4.5 Props (Quad 4 pack) 5mm hub

I think the Spider Quad will be the best to start with.
You have a mount for a camera down the road if you do FPV or in flight video,also the
orientation would be better. Or even a Tri Copter.

Speed Controls, wire ,props, ect @ RCtimer

Speed control / ESC: Programmable ESC 20A Brushless Motor Speed Controller
Program card for esc: RCtimer Card
Silicon Wire: All sizes of WIRE

eBay program card: Hobbywing Pentium Series Speed Controller Program Card

Control Board:
Hobby King
HobbyKing Quadcopter Control Board V2.1 (Atmega168PA)

eBay: USB Loader USBasp Programmer + KK multicopter Board
I have bought from this seller shipped quick even from china 11 days

Batteries: Hobby King Turnigy nano-tech 2200mah 3S 45~90C Lipo Pack (USA Warehouse)

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Now those are some great looking quads! Do you have any video of them in action? I have thought long and hard about making one of these, they just look too cool lol.

Tasajara

I do but it is nothing special. I have just been out flying them 6 times. And I have never flown a heli before so it is all new to me.
I got to get a better camera and not video late in the eveing... :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
Seems like a great build you have. Is that BlueSkyRc your site, or just a site you like? I took a look around, and I like what I see. Some great products in there. Love the Hex they have lol.

Tasajara

Nope not my site... I just like doing business with them... Super fast shipping. I have ordered on sunday and got it on wed or thur each time.
David the owner is very helpful. He answered all my noob questions to get me going....

I think I will build the Y-6 next... I just ordered 7 motors while he had them on sale. :tickled_pink:

Tony

Staff member
Good deal. If he had everything, including the aluminum or CG rods, that would be a great site. I love that he has two different motors for different quads and tri's, as well as other stuff that I never would have thought about. I don't like that he is using Suppo, but I can look past that for the price he is charging. Let me know what you think about those motors after you get about 50 or so flights on the quad.

I hate you guys, I want one more now than ever lmao. Who is going to buy me one?!?!?!?!?!?! My birthday is coming up...

llommel

Great looking birds. Makes one want to get into quads NOW.
What kind for expense range are we talking about?

jamiem

I built a quad about 8 months back, but the novelty wore off very quickly for me. It flew really well, was pretty aerobatic, but it became boring very quickly. I then rebuilt it as a much larger tricopter, and made it FPV with fatshark goggles etc, again great fun, but I just didn't get the time to use it as much as I would have liked and as such I ended up selling it :( I did take some pretty nice FPV HD video, and in a way I wish I had kept it and explored further with it, but at the end of the day I'm a 3D Heli pilot at heart, and simply couldn't dedicate the time it needed :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXeNSr7Txxk

zapster

Yeah i,m getting sucked in,a quad with a GoPro and you can get beautiful video footage.I hear good thing about that HK KK board to 23.00$.

RCD

Glencairn Drone
I have just started building quads... They are a lot of fun and make a good trainer to move on to heli's if you like.
Here are a few pic's of my Quads... I can fly any where from 7 to 11 min depending on the flight style.

08-SpiderQuad.jpg06-SpiderQuad.jpg

12-3-11xRotorSportQuad.jpgxRotorwithLeds.jpg
xRotorSportLeds.jpg

Here is a parts list to build a Quad Multi rotor Copter

Frames,Props and motors @ BlueSkyRC

Frame: xRotor Spider Quad, or xRotor Sport Quad
Motor: Suppo 2212-11-1200kv Outrunner
Props: 8 x 4.5 Props (Quad 4 pack) 5mm hub

I think the Spider Quad will be the best to start with.
You have a mount for a camera down the road if you do FPV or in flight video,also the
orientation would be better. Or even a Tri Copter.

Speed Controls, wire ,props, ect @ RCtimer

Speed control / ESC: Programmable ESC 20A Brushless Motor Speed Controller
Program card for esc: RCtimer Card
Silicon Wire: All sizes of WIRE

eBay program card: Hobbywing Pentium Series Speed Controller Program Card

Control Board:
Hobby King
HobbyKing Quadcopter Control Board V2.1 (Atmega168PA)

eBay: USB Loader USBasp Programmer + KK multicopter Board
I have bought from this seller shipped quick even from china 11 days

Batteries: Hobby King Turnigy nano-tech 2200mah 3S 45~90C Lipo Pack (USA Warehouse)

I want to buy your quad copter!!!!

Tony

Staff member
If I remember correctly, that frame is the $33 one and uses 1/2" aluminum or CF square tubing. Great platform from what I'm reading.

Lee

Nice Quads Mate. One suggestion with the one that has foam pads. move them in so they do not get in the prop wash. Anything under the props is gonna cause the quad to be very inefficient. Just about to build myself a new one too :D

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
can I ask what flight controller is that? and the cover for it? I want to build a quad if it has a TON of power. I am over the whole learning orientation thing.. so, ok ... I am liking the frames in blueskyrc and hobbyking both which is better and how? :) I know bluesky rc doesnt give you the option of the aluminum or GF arms.. but HK i think has plywood arms..

Lee

Looks like a KK board or clone of.
Check out Hoverthings
They are in Florida and i am ordering one as soon as they come back in stock. $75 for the frame or $450 for a Spektrum BNF

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Rcmodelreviews just posted a review on all composite frame for a quad. May be that's something to consider... I haven't seen the review yet, just got an email.

Top Bottom