450 Hulk Jr is coming along

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Hi everyone, here's a progress report on my Sky Crane. As you can see Hulk Jr is getting there. I added a larger water tank, because this helicopter's mission is different than what the real ones do during a wildfire. Hulk's job is to stay with the firefighters on site and provide more direct support. Don't want to let the cat out of the bag now, but will write a story line with detailed photos later :peaceful: . To cover the cab I used heavy duty resume paper and glue it to the wooden frame. That's styrofoam glued over the plywood skin between the pine braces. Will cover it with Sctoch heavy duty clear packing tape. I'll use anything that gets the job done like a Advil box as seen below the fuselage. The rear wheels are 12 3/4" distance apart, fuselage is 38"or 931mm long. He'll be over a foot high with (5) 360mm length blades that's almost 15" long. They should be here sometime this week hopefully. Got both in the mail my nav lights and wiring harness to run (2) 3 cell batteries in series. Put in a 3700KV motor and 40 amp ESC. With everything in place I'll weigh him at that time and then figure a good rate for pitch settings for both the main and tail rotor blades. Plan on flying in rate mode on this helicopter. Throttle settings will be 0, 25,50,75 and 100 %. Then I'll turn the main frame over to fran11784 for FBL work. During this time finish the fuselage with detail inside the cockpit and a paint job. Thanks again to everyone who help me in the fun project :banana: :boldblue: :arms: :beerchug: :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 20221003_210848_resized.jpg
    20221003_210848_resized.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 20221003_211735_resized.jpg
    20221003_211735_resized.jpg
    284.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Top Bottom