Huge Wild Fires In Oklahoma

Tony

Staff member
It all started NE of OKC, and when they would get the fire out, it would reignite. That was a couple days ago. Today, I was getting ready to go and get the kids from school, and I get a phone call from my oldest daughter that the High School is being evacuated. So, instead of going and getting my youngest first, I went and got my oldest first. While I was there, I took a few pics, as well as some video. I'm working on uploading the video right now, but below are the pics. It was right there at the HS. Talk about a close call.

This weather cant' get here soon enough. It's just a horrible drout out here, and this is the result.

IMG_0401.jpgIMG_0402.jpgIMG_0403.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
And if you are talking about the weather disturbance going on in the gulf, it doesn't look like it's even thinking about heading your way, which really sux.

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
Looks like there is some monsoon action over in New Mexico which is not even going to come close to you. Double sucky.

Tony

Staff member
There is a cold front heading this way late in the weekend. Highs in the lower 80's, and lows in the high 50's to low 60's. I think we are going to need a jacket on that one hahaha. And, the cold front may bring some rain, and that will help a lot.

Tony

Staff member
Here is a 30 second video of the fire.

<object width="400" height="224" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/2405672504648" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/2405672504648" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="224"></embed></object>

And yes, this video was embeded with HTML and will go away when I make the changes.

Tony

Staff member
Right as I quit filming and got in my car to leave, 3 huge trees went up. Flames shot over 100' into the air. It was pretty awesome. So far, that fire has claimed no houses or structures thankfully, and the school is safe.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah we do. There is a chance for weather Sat to Sun. Doubt it will be much, but any little bit will be nice. After months of 100+ degree weather, next week will be beautiful. Highs not even reaching the 80's. We have not had lows less than 80 in I don't know how long.

Top Bottom