HUGE Dilemma now guys

Ok everyone, I've just received my new Kbar gyro recommended by Wickedclown(Tom). Still No feathering shafts though.

My plan was to fly this 450 without a gyro first, thinking the shafts would be here long before the gyro, but alas, the gyro has arrived...

Dilemma - do I setup the gyro on the heli ready for the shafts to arrive, OR do I wait and try flying without the gyro first. I really wanted to give that a go even tho the odds are stacked against me to get it airborne...

Hmmm....

image.jpg

image.jpg

Slobberdog

dude put that gyro on the heli go through most of the set up, come bake to the piece where you set your ranges after the shafts come in, and get the idea of flying the heli without the gyro out of the noggin and get it flyin with that Kbar, I have heard good things on those units.

dude put that gyro on the heli go through most of the set up, come bake to the piece where you set your ranges after the shafts come in, and get the idea of flying the heli without the gyro out of the noggin and get it flyin with that Kbar, I have heard good things on those units.

Now Kev, don't beat around the bush... Lmao.... Guess your right really, In all honesty I can't wait to get some flying in. I've had so little practice lately....BUT, it's still going to be in the back of my "noggin" to try it gyroLESS...

Thanks mate..

treff

Your going to crash with or without that gyro. It's just that without the gyro your going to last about 5 seconds I recon before it hits the dirt. With it on
you've got a fighting chance, without, man your doomed. lol

Dirk

Damn!! I was looking forward to the video you promised! No, seriously, put the gyro on the heli. Why take unnecessary chances? I can guarantee you, you WILL crash without the FBL gyro.
When you've got more experience and some hours under your belt, by all means, give it a try without the gyro. You will stand a better chance then.

Thanks guys, yeah I would love to give it a go, and I will when I get a few more hours under my belt... I've started with this Kbar gyro but don't know where the wires go.... Searching YouTube now... There's always something to stop me...

Derek

Now....this sounds good! Let's get the gyro installed and press on. Good luck, Tony!!!

Now....this sounds good! Let's get the gyro installed and press on. Good luck, Tony!!!

Gyro is on and partially setup, just waiting on the shaft now to set the blade pitch up in the software, then I'm off... Work can wait....lol...when I get another heli in august though I'm going to bypass this gyro... Lmao.... I have to Derek...

Admiral

There you go Tony beaten by Logic & Common Sense LOL but it's the sort of thing you do on the spur of the moment anyway and normally regret later...............plenty of time for that, you're like the rest of us in this hobby for the long haul.

There you go Tony beaten by Logic & Common Sense LOL but it's the sort of thing you do on the spur of the moment anyway and normally regret later...............plenty of time for that, you're like the rest of us in this hobby for the long haul.

Yeah your right there Keith, but it's still an experience I'd like to try, but I'll wait awhile...lol.

And I'm definitely in it till the end now.... Haha, so addictive this hobby, wish I'd started 30 years ago though...lol

Tony

Staff member
I have to agree with the others. Give yourself about two years of flying all the time, and once you have all orientations down and you have amazing control of the helicopter, I still wouldn't do it. But, if you do, you will have faster reflexes and better muscle memory.

I have to agree with the others. Give yourself about two years of flying all the time, and once you have all orientations down and you have amazing control of the helicopter, I still wouldn't do it. But, if you do, you will have faster reflexes and better muscle memory.

Thanks Tony, well there's too many experienced pilots amongst you who wouldn't do it, so I'd be stupid to try it really, even more so being a novice pilot. So for now I'll be flying with a gyro..

Thanks

wolfman76

take it from someone who has done it just cuz i did'nt have a gyro with a heli sitting in front of me ready to go and anxiousness burning a whole into my better reasoning get the experience first then have a go at it later you definitely stand a better chance of bringing it back down that waythat bird will be a hand full without it...

take it from someone who has done it just cuz i did'nt have a gyro with a heli sitting in front of me ready to go and anxiousness burning a whole into my better reasoning get the experience first then have a go at it later you definitely stand a better chance of bringing it back down that waythat bird will be a hand full without it...

No probs Kyle, my 450 is now ready for it's maiden flight, at last shafts came today...just going to get new batteries for my TX then all set..

Thanks guys for the advice, appreciated... My next new thread will be the maiden with this Kbar gyro..

Dirk

Video, video, video!! Impatience is killing me.

Well, while we wait in agony, I hope it went well?

Top Bottom