Scale huey UH-1B 800 size

philmill

This is my shelved project too much work needed to get it in the air ( plan to start it in a couple of years when i have more time on my hands )

This is a 1980's HIROBO Huey gasser they only made the gasser for a couple of years this was a "loft" find its been in somebodys roof space for over 25 years never seen the light of day , its huge my 450 huey looks nothing at side of it and the detail is very good over 2500 alloy rivits all doors / hatches are working with brass hinges and locks there is a lot of work to restore this bird and get her flying again
u4.jpgu1.jpgu2.jpgu6.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

u7.jpgu8.jpgu9.jpgc1.jpgc2.jpgc9.jpgc10.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

e6.jpgu13.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

z2.jpg

u4.jpg

u1.jpg

u2.jpg

u6.jpg

u7.jpg

u8.jpg

u9.jpg

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

c9.jpg

c10.jpg

e6.jpg

u13.jpg

z2.jpg

philmill

Another reason the huey is on hold i want to finnish my 500 size Seaking first

sk1.jpgsk2.jpgsk3.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

and my MD500 TOW defender :chuckles:
CIMG5907.jpg

sk1.jpg

sk2.jpg

sk3.jpg

CIMG5907.jpg

Lee

That Huey is AWESOME!!!!!! as are all the others.
I can't wait to see these flying :)

Slobberdog

Dang that Gunner looks like Paul Jr off american chopper, lol

- - - Updated - - -

great looking helis by the way

philmill

Dang that Gunner looks like Paul Jr off american chopper, lol

Thanks for the nice coments guys its going to take a lot of work and a good bit of money i think its worth spending to get this old classic bird back flying again ,

i have used HM armed forces for pilots and gunner , but they had nice faces i needed a BAD BAD man for the gunner so i used a head of a WWF street fighter he was the baddest i could find LOL.

phil

philmill

That Huey is AWESOME!!!!!! as are all the others.
I can't wait to see these flying :)

Thanks Lee , i have got my MD500 flying now just with 2 blade head to setup the AR7200BX i will fit 5 blade head later now i know it fly's well i can start with the scale details and weathering etc

Not got any video but i have some takeoff pics in order

t1.jpgt2.jpgt3.jpgt4.jpgt5.jpgt6.jpgt7.jpga2.jpg

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

t3.jpg

t4.jpg

t5.jpg

t6.jpg

t7.jpg

a2.jpg

philmill

She is big each of the rotor blades are over 900mm long its close to 7 foot rotor diameter she is fitted with a 26cc Zenoah gasoline motor with remote onboard electric start and charging system for batterys

p1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

picture taken without motor fitted its very heavy fully loaded

p1.jpg

Derek

Mega Wow!!! Awesome awesome pictures! That Huey is amazing and I love the MD500!!!

philmill

Managed to find a video of one these birds flying ,

YouTube

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ihHGT75nM08

concept30

the Huey is awesome, I wouldnt clean anything on the Huey, makes it look like it just flew out of WW2, i always been a fan of the MD500 classes, what size is the MD500 and is it ele or nitro?

Top Bottom