Howdy from Art Applewhite in Kerrville, Texas

artapplewhite

New to the the R/C hobby. I've been designing and selling model rocket kits for the past 12 years (ArtRocs) . I've worked with foam board before so I'm interested in starting out with some scratch-build foam board designs using electric motors. The Flitetest.com Youtube videos are what got me interested in R/C. The stuff they build with the "swappable" series looks like my kind of fun.

I'm looking for a 4 channel, 2.4 Ghz transmitter/receiver, props, motors, escs, and servos to get started. I'll be flying with the local AMA club here in Kerrville and also the New Berlin Sky Raiders. I hoping some of the folks in these clubs will have some of bits and pieces that they will part with cheap. Once I get some piloting skills, i.e. crash less, I'll start designing some of my own "off-the-wall" airplanes using unconventional materials and building techniques as I have done with my rockets. I'm looking forward to some informative discussions on this forum.

Art Applewhite
ArtRocs
Art Applewhite Rockets - Main page

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
hey welcome to the forum. Please post your question in the appropriate section . We would love to help you out. :)

I am in Dallas Texas. A bit ways from you but HOWDY!!!! :D

artapplewhite

hey welcome to the forum. Please post your question in the appropriate section . We would love to help you out. :)

I am in Dallas Texas. A bit ways from you but HOWDY!!!! :D
Doh!! I didn't realize that I had asked a question. I was just trying to fill in some details in my intro about what I'm interested in. I was born and raised in Fort Worth, then joined the Air Force and spent 20 years overseas. When I retired, I settled in San Antonio area. Cheaper and better weather than my old hometown. :)

I'm going to rely on local clubs to answer most of my questions and get some "hand-me-down" parts. Between them and some how-to videos on YouTube I think I have it covered. I did build the RC-Help Trainer and it was a lot of fun and I learned a lot. I had both white and black foam board available so I mixed it up to see how it would look. Here are a couple of pictures of what I've done so far.
100_4369.jpg100_4370.jpg
I still need the electronics but most of that is "in the mail" or promised from local sources. With a little luck I will be flying (and likely crashing) by the weekend. If the parts don't arrive on time, at least I'll have something built for the local "experts" to "throw rocks at". :)

Art Appplewhite
ArtRocs
Art Applewhite Rockets - Main page

100_4369.jpg

100_4370.jpg

Top Bottom