General How true is this?

bigone5500

I got a comment on one of my videos regarding the 270 tail shake. Here it is

You may already know this but its not a good idea to run the 270 up on the ground as it may shake up the Gyro, It looks like the Gyro is trying to compensate for the high vibrations caused by being stationary. This can cause something called Resonance which can build up to the point of full on failure. The vibrations were getting very much worse at the end. The 270 needs to lift off fairly quickly.

Surely the beastx would not fail due to vibration...

Tony

Staff member
Every helicopter does have a specific resonance. But on something this small with plastic skids where it can and does move, it's nothing to worry about. getting a helicopter into the air fast is always a good idea, but not always feasible for some pilots, like me lmao.

Geena

Staff member
You`re going to get that shaking, or resonance on spool up with any flybarless helicopter, no matter what FBL unit is on it. I experience it sometimes even with my 700s. Our models are not going to create enough resonance to shake themselves apart like a full scale can, but they could tip over from it. If it feels like it`s trying to tip over when it`s spooling up, simply correct it. Just don`t over correct.

I always get mine off the ground before they even finish spooling up. Not a practice I would recommend to a beginner, because the tail gyro has not started holding yet, and you have to fly the tail for a few seconds until it catches up. But it does relive the resonance.

The BeastX is a very solid unit, and definitely won`t fail because of ground resonance.

bigone5500

You`re going to get that shaking, or resonance on spool up with any flybarless helicopter, no matter what FBL unit is on it. I experience it sometimes even with my 700s. Our models are not going to create enough resonance to shake themselves apart like a full scale can, but they could tip over from it. If it feels like it`s trying to tip over when it`s spooling up, simply correct it. Just don`t over correct.

I always get mine off the ground before they even finish spooling up. Not a practice I would recommend to a beginner, because the tail gyro has not started holding yest, and you have to fly the tail for a few seconds until it catches up. But it does relive the resonance.

The BeastX is a very solid unit, and definitely won`t fail because of ground resonance.
I have had to correct a few times with this heli. When I would try to take off it wants to tip to the left and I then give it a wee bit of right aileron. Then I take off. I have learned that about it and I'm 'used' to it sorta. I will get better hopefully. Time will tell.

Jimbo

LOL!! That sounds like the Blade 230s. I have gotten so use to it, I know which way it wants to tip before it does.

Jim

Jimbo

The 230s is a good helicopter. The 180CFX was way more than I could handle. Depends on how seasoned a pilot you are. I am a "self level' guy.

Jim

Geena

Staff member
It is actually a pretty cool little helicopter. A friend of mine had one for a while, and he let me fly it. Solid little flyer, and 3D capable too.

Top Bottom