Quad How to turn on a V959 camera without stock tx

Stambo

Don't know if this has come up before but I just spent a bit of time with a V959 and an oscilloscope.

I got mine BNF so I borrowed a stock tx to see what happens when you turn the video camera on and off

I have discovered that you can turn on the video camera by momentarily bridging the yellow camera wire to ground (black). You have to do it again when you land to stop recording, you can't just unplug the battery otherwise it does not save the video file. (Ask me how I know :))

This means I can now record video on my V959 while flying it with the 9x tx.

At the moment I am just using a couple of pins to start and stop recording but I may look for a tiny momentary switch that I can wire in.
I took a small sample vid to see what the quality is like and for a cheap little cam it's not bad.
Video is uploading now, I'll add it here when it's finished.

Stambo

Ok here is the video.
I figure for what I paid for the whole setup, video quality is ok.
This was shot early evening so the light was becoming an issue and it was pretty windy too.
Should be better when I can get it up with no wind and a fine day.
I have also added a small surface mount switch so I can easily turn it on and off.
I will do a vid on what I did and how I did it on the weekend if anyone is interested.

THIS IS RAW UNEDITED VIDEO, SUGGEST TURNING THE SOUND WAAAY DOWN!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V50pwn4DZTg

Last edited:

EyeStation

That looked pretty good. I jumped when the audio came up, that was a bit loud here at work.
Your surroundings look beautiful.

Stambo

That looked pretty good. I jumped when the audio came up, that was a bit loud here at work.
Your surroundings look beautiful.

Yeah I forgot to warn about the sound, just edited the post to suggest turning the sound down.
Audio recording on a quad is a bit of a waste of time really.
Dunno about the beautiful surroundings lol. Did you take a close look at my gardens.
More weeds than plants. I do love the area though.
Far enough out of town to be rural, but close enough to get anything I need.
10 minute trip to the nearest shop/store.
Or 10 minutes the other way to hang a fishing line in the water.

Top Bottom