How To Embed Videos

Tony

Staff member
Hey everyone, I know that not everyone is computer savy, and that's okay, neither am I lol. But, I do know enough to show you how to embed your videos on the interwebz, well the forums at least.

First thing you need to do is click on the video you want to embed and play it. You don't have to play it all the way through, you just have to be on the page.
Untitled.jpg

Once you are watching the video, just below it you will see the "Share" button. Click on that, and the box will drop down
1.jpg

Once the box drops down, you will see a button that says "Embed". Don't copy the link that is highlighted in blue above the embed code, this is just a link to the page, and will not embed it.
2.jpg

Once you click on the Embed button, you will see more options to choose from. As you can see in this pic, I choose the second size option (for HD only), then I choose to copy OLD embed code. I copy the old code because it seems that the iPhones can read it a little easier. But, the iframe code does work as well. #2 is just an option. Once you select the size, and the options, copy the code that is highlighted in blue. Just hover over the blue text, right click your mouse, and select copy.
3.jpg

The code will be copied to your clipboard. No, you can not actually see your clipboard, but it's there. Now, you will open up the forum, select to create a new thread. Put in your title, and any text that you want. Hit the return to drop the curser a couple lines, and hit <ctrl><V> or right click and select paste. The code will be pasted into the new forum post. Now all you have to do is click "Submit New Thread" and your done.

Let me know if this helps you out.

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Tominator06

Rolling Harriers Are My Drug!
Didn't seem to work for me but as this is a vbulletin forum you can just click the little film icon at the top of the reply window and add the actual url from your videos page. Hope this helps anyone else having trouble posting videos. This also works with vimeo videos. I have a few of those as well.

Tony

Staff member
It works, but only in some areas where html is turned on. But as you stated Tom, you can click the film strip to put them on the forum. This post was from an older version of the forum that didn't have that handy little film strip lol.

Heliman450

Hi Tony, I think I followed your guidance correctly, but it didn't result in an embedded video link. I then went over the 'Advanced' option and added a hyper-link to the video. It works but isn't quite so cool as an embedded video link.

Any suggestions how to improve it? T-Rex maiden with Spirit Pro (at last!)

Smoggie

Phil,

I fixed the video for you. The problem was that you used was a youtube search as a link, not a direct url for the video. If you take the direct url for your video from Youtube (which will look like this: 'https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOfdfR_xE3A') and just paste it in the thread, it will embed automatically, it's really that simple.

Or you can use the 'embed video' button to do it, either way works.

Ken Jackson

So the old way still works. I tried to post something not too long ago and I had a size problem. I just gave up. Been away from the forum too long and trying to get back into the swing, weather will help.

Tony

Staff member
If you are trying to use HTML, it will not work. I have HTML globally disabled on this forum for safety reasons. Anything with html tags, iframe tags or the like will only show raw code. The way to embed them now is to just post the link to the video and I have an add on here on the site that will embed it for you.

Tony

Staff member
This information is very out of date and should probably be removed from the website. As the site is now, if you post a regular link to a video, it will auto embed. No need to do all of that with the code anymore.

Top Bottom