How To Edit Pictures For The Forum

Tony

Staff member
I created a quick video to show you how I edit all of my pictures. This could be from my cell phone, frame grabs from my video cameras or from my DSLR, all of them are edited in this manner. If you have questions, just ask.

How To Edit Pictures - YouTube

Lee

For those of you with Photoshop, there is also a Batch edit function. Just go to: File>Scripts>Image processor and set the size of the photos and location in the pop up and your done.
For anyone using GIMP, there isn't a native batch processor, but there is a Plug in called Davids Batch Processor you can down load.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Great info. I have photoshop and have used it for years and never knew about that feature lmao. Never really liked Gimp though. Just like how easy it is to open photoscape, drag all of the photos at once, click convert, and DONE. I will have to play with photoshop though.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Most pics that I use I take with my I phone. Then I e mail them to myself to save on my I pad and Lappy. When I do this my phone gives me an option on how large of a file to send. Small medeum and large. I always select medeum. Haven't had a problem yet.

Tony

Staff member
If that works, great. I know my Note II gives me that option as well, I just hate emailing them uploading lol. Just too lazy.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I hear you. I do it cause I'll save them to my picture files on my Lappy. Also it's easer for me to use my I pad to upload to the forum.

Slobberdog

I take them with my phone or ipad and then just upload, I have not encountered a problem yet, what size limit is there for the forum Tony.

Tony

Staff member
Kev, there is a limit of 800x600 and 1MB on each image. I may have to lower the size to 512KB though if the photos take too long to load. Still very doable with the program. And the forum does knock down the size, but sometimes they are just too large for the forum to deal with and it will refuse the upload.

Graham, it's a great and easy to use editor. Let me know what you think.

Top Bottom