Motors How many lipo can i fly without damage the motor

krayon

Hello,

I fly with a Nano cpx and i have change the main motor... I have 6 lipo and i have fly with all of them without break... and after (the day after) i don't have any power... the heli seem so week even i use full charge lipo...
So my question is : "with the Nano cpx, how long can i fly ? and how long i must let the nano cool down before fly with a new lipo ?"

If i fly too long witch type of damage may i cause to the motor ? Possible to repair ?

Thanks

Krayon

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
If this is anything like the original mcpx, it will vary from 15-200 flights before the motor goes out. There is just no telling. You will need to check the voltage of the batteries before and after flying to see if the helicopter is even drawing anything out of them. If it's not, and you have already replaced the main motor, you may have a bad FET on the control board.

krayon

Hello Tony,

Thanks for response...
But can i fly, for example during 30 minutes or i must fly 5 minutes and stop 5 minutes for example (to let the motor cool down) ?

Regards

Tony

Staff member
It's always a good idea to let the helicopter cool down for a bit. A good rule of thumb is to let it cool for twice as long as you fly. So if you fly for 5 minutes, let it cool for 10 minutes. This is what I have always done and have not had anything blow up yet, well except for one motor on an airplane lol. Smoked that sucker but it was over propped.

krayon

Ok... good advice...
I think i have really "burn" my motor because i have fly 2 or 3 time for 30 minutes continously...

Best regards my saver ! LOL

Nice week-end on the Oklahoma :))

Krayon

Tony

Staff member
It's actually pretty windy here in Oklahoma today. High fire danger. But, that didn't stop me from taking the 450 outside and getting a couple flights in. Tomorrow is supposed to be even more wind, so I doubt I will be flying anything even though I'm working on the 600 right now.

Derek

Each battery for your Nano should power the helicopter for 5-6 minutes, depending on how aggressively you fly. If you are having troubles, I would check the voltage of your batteries and make sure that they are in an operational condition. If the batteries are good, then your troubles might be in the control board, itself.

pvolcko

30 minutes straight is pushing it. This is a brushed motor and it is tucked into the frame pretty well so it has relatively poor airflow for cooling. Id definitely start running 5-10 minute breaks between flights. Or perhaps do no more than two back to back flights and then let it cool down for 10 minutes before going up again.

When you say you have no power. Are you sure it is the motor not turning well enough, or has the main gear slipped down due to crashes? That gear is just a press fitting with a dab of silicone glue on the end to help hold it in place. Make sure it hasn't worked off the shaft a bit and thus allowing the rotor head to lift higher than it should. This will cause it to have very poor positive pitch range and will appear to be under powered when in fact it is a mechanical issue limiting positive pitch potential.

krayon

I've been one time in the USA, Las Vegas, nationals parks and south of Texas (Corpus Christi)... It was a beautifull trip and the people was so kind ! Only good memories !
Regards
Krayon

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks... I resolved the problem changing the main motor... Now the nano cpx flight very well ! I think I damaged the motor flyingsix lipo one after another without break... The motor has'nt support this treatment ! Now Tony said me to make double time break for each time fly... I will follow his advice !
Thanks.
Regards.

Krayon

- - - Updated - - -

No, the main gear was correctly on his place, i think a have "burn" the motor... Now i fly only 2 lipo, each for 3'30" only and after the 2 flights i make 15' break... I become reasonable ! Lol
Thxs
Regards.
Krayon

- - - Updated - - -

When i was saying that i "have no power", i mean that with charged lipo the motor run like the lipo was totally discharged... Throttle on maximum and the heli fois up with difficulty...
(sorry for m'y bas bad english... I choose to learn italian at school and no english... Now i have regrets... Ma l'italiano è anche una lingua molto bella ! La lingua dell'Amore ! Lol)
Great Thanks to everyone for his help !
Regards
Krayon

Top Bottom