Batteries how many Cs

lestermo

I am planning on using MPI EPU-6, a 9-7 prop, MX-9208 Micro ESC all from MPI and a 2S 1320mAh 7.4 LiPO Battery, I have noticed everything from 13c to 27c. How many Cs do I need? Is more better, more expensive, last longer or what?

Tony

Staff member
To figure out the C rating, you take your MAH and divide by 1000. So you have a 1320mah pack, that is 1.3 amps. Now, you multiply 1.3 by the C rating and this will give you the total amp draw that you can pull out of the battery at any given time. So depending on what your motor pulls will depend on what battery you get.

Tony

Staff member
There should be a spec sheet on the site where you ordered it. According to Maxxprod.com, that motor pulls a max of 2 amps.

lestermo

Thanks tony, I looked for a spec sheet, I could not find anything but voltage and size. Thanks again you have been a big help (no wounder you get the big bucks).

marineflyer1

On the Lipo factor... I plan on flying some bigger planes electric this season. I have taken a liking to Tacon Big Foot 32, 46, 110 and 160's. Im using 70a up to 120a esc's but kinda get mixed up when it comes to batteries. For example on my 110's and 160's I want to run 8-10 cells 4000-5000mah.... but the batteries I have are 20c. I know guys say to go with a higher discharge rate... but why? The 5000mah can handle 100a and the 160's are suppose to max out at 75a. HELP

Lee

The higher C rated battery will have less work to provide the same power as a lower rated battery.
This will give a better battery life, at the expense of weight, and higher price.
As long as it can deliver more Amps, than your system needs, your golden :)

Top Bottom