Quad How do you trim a quad?

Dbell79

I don't know if this is the place to ask this question, but here goes. I disabled, unless a friend picks me up To go flying our planes, I'm home bound. But I want to continue this hobby.
So I bought first a Blade 180 (second hand), it never flew right. Next I bought a blade Nano QX 3d. It won't fly right as well. I push up on the throttle and instead of the thing going up it just goes on the ground. Now, They both sit in they're boxes. Do I need to trim them? If so, how do you trim them?

Tony

Staff member
When you turn them on, make sure they are completely level. When the gyro initializes, it will center them to what they "think" is level. I have found that sometimes you need to put a few pieces of paper or business cards under one side to get it perfectly level. This just gave me another video idea lmao. As if I didn't have enough to do.

Dbell79

That might be part of my trouble right there. "Turning it on" means installing the battery. I have the use of only one hand.
Putting the battery in and placing on the ground while its initializing, might be next to impossible.

Admiral

Hi Dbell79, it may help you to install an ON/OFF switch in the ESC positive lead so that you can install your battery and then activate it once you have it sitting on a level surface.

Tony

Staff member
I was thinking the exact same thing, but got busy and never posted. Thanks for posting that Keith.

Dbell79

Brilliant Keith and Tony. If I can't plug in a battery because I only have the use of one hand, how am I going to install an on/off switch? I'm sorry, never mind.

Tony

Staff member
We are just trying to help out. You asked how to help trim out a quad, I stated that maybe it's initializing at an angle, and Keith and I thought a switch would help out. I don't want to be rude, all we were doing is answering your question to a problem with a solution that once completed, would help you out. I'm sorry if our reply was not some magical answer, but it is what it is. We are here to help people in any way we can, but we can't help if all we get is snappy, sarcastic feedback in which this is not the first time it's happened. I do hope you find your magical answer, but for now, our answers still stand as the best option.

And as another sign of us trying to help out, here is another idea that may work for you, but I have my doubts. Try setting up a table or board of some kind across the arms of your chair. Your chair should be level, so the board should be level. Try initializing the quad on the board instead of having to plug in the battery then moving it to a table or the floor. Once it's initialized, then move it to where you are going to take off from.

Top Bottom