Quad How do I assign switches to LEDs, Lost Buzzers, etc?

icerookforever

Imagine you are a complete noob, don't know jack

Pick up a DX6 and please someone tell me how to assign a switch to the lost buzzer I just soldered on.

Right now I have the Arm switch which is a 3 way switch, would like to change this to another switch.

Though, I feel like there is some sort of sorcery that must be done!!! lol

I have zero idea, please someone give me a quick "ok, do this and that"

Have seen so many videos I'm starting to think I am the only one, but then again I'm such a noob, I come here to request your fine services.

Please help me, please, I beg you.

Tony

Staff member
Him and I were talking about this on YouTube, and I had him come over here because I do not own a DX6 and I Don't want to steer him in the wrong direction. So anyone with a DX6, post up in here and see if you can help him out. Paging @murankar @D.O.G. I know you two have this Tx and I hope you can help him out. Thanks.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there Ice. If your trying to set your switches, you need to go into Flight mode set up to assign a command to a switch. Ex: My "H" switch is throttle hold. My "G" switch is my flight mode switch, Letter "A" is for my "Arm/disarm" switch for my quads ...ect. I hope this can help. :)

murankar

Staff member
First off your lost switch should be hooked into an existing switch. Second you need to know which switch you just switched out. Third follow dogs info.

I have not been on this radio in a year since I got the vcontrol. I still have it for when I fly my micro helicopter.

What kind of switch did you need for your lost switch? The dx6 has enough switch for anything including a momentary switch for buddy boxing.

Tony

Staff member
That is a good point, I always put the alarm on the arm switch. If the quad is armed, no alarm. If it is disarmed, it will sound the alarm. A little annoying, but it works.

icerookforever

That is a good point, I always put the alarm on the arm switch. If the quad is armed, no alarm. If it is disarmed, it will sound the alarm. A little annoying, but it works.
Yes, when armed but not spinning, it beeps ever few seconds, and when its in lost mode its very loud, louder than the balance volt bzzr, anyway, is this normal? Supposed to beep like this? Its a bit annoying unless its normal?

And ok, just imagine looking at the dx6, the top right switch is F switch, doesn't do anything but sit there looking pretty, how, in the world, can I just use that switch only, to sound the Beeper Mode, also, how do I properly set the mode in Betaflight, as all I have are two AUXs, 1 and 2? and those are used for arming/disarming/buzzer and then rate/horizon/angle mode

Am I just limited to using only these switches? Is that it? Is it just the limitation of the board/hardware for this?

Meaning, are they just switches that we cant use, and if we can is there a step by step or is it something only a demo could show?

I also assume its due to owning a Spektrum, they don't seem to be too popular, and I'm sure that's due to the price and competition, namely the T.

Anyway, enough rambling, I'm gonna fly the whoop around after my 6 year old, she loves it, and try to sleep lol

Just, wanna, use a switch of my choosing.

murankar

Staff member
now your in the realm I dont know. I do not fly quads or have i ever set them up. I know you will have to set the swtich to a channel and then assoign theat function to the channel. So assign switch F to channel (lets say) 6 and then in the software assign the function you want to channel 6.

icerookforever

Thanks, is there a better place in the forum to help?

I have another question maybe you can help with, understanding the Min/Max throttle settings in Betaflight?

Tony

Staff member
Usually you just use the Travel Adjust screen and set it to 1000 and 2000 in betaflight.

icerookforever

Usually you just use the Travel Adjust screen and set it to 1000 and 2000 in betaflight.

On my dx6 I have to set the Travel on throttle from the default 100 to 125 in order for Arm to work? Does that make any sense and if so how? Is it "trimming" so throttle is balanced?

I don't get this whole 1000 to 2000? Why not use different values and if not, please tell me why?

icerookforever

Hey there Ice. If your trying to set your switches, you need to go into Flight mode set up to assign a command to a switch. Ex: My "H" switch is throttle hold. My "G" switch is my flight mode switch, Letter "A" is for my "Arm/disarm" switch for my quads ...ect. I hope this can help. :)

You're so close to setting me straight, please, pm me or go into more detail

Please I'm like giving up ahhhhh

Tony

Staff member
It is normal to have to lower the low throttle signal (raise the number on the bottom of the throttle). Most of the time, the ESC's are set way below where the Tx is factory set for a new model. On every quad I have worked on, I have had to do this.

as for the 1000/2000 split, you can adjust these within betaflight to whatever you want, but I suggest leaving them where they are. This is just a good range to get some good throttle control.

murankar

Staff member
On the dx6 you have three way switches. You will need to adjust the travel for each switch position. So pos 1 is (IE) 0-999, pos2 is 1000-1999 and pos3 is 2000-2999. Now each set of numbers represent a switch position. So in your case find out what your ranges are for each switch position.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Sorry, I'm new to quads my self. I do use the "D" channel located in the front for a 3way switch for arco/horizon/ angle mode for my quad.

Top Bottom