General Hovercraft

norjul

Hi Guys, I have been busy looking for something else to build other than heli's, I came across the griffin 600 Hovercraft and got the kit. Having spent a month building it and making some improvements along the way. Its only a single motor system so simple to set up, it could do with a lift motor tho, that's the next project to build another on same specs but with lift motor and bigger prop, I will let you guys know how it go's.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a pic.DSC_0538.jpg

DSC_0538.jpg

norjul

Why not give it ago Lee, I just did because I wanted some thing to do, we have had so much wind I have not been able to fly my Heli because I am not good enough yet to try and fly my heli in wind lol. I have started another hovercraft build some thing on the same size 300x600mm that way I have a ready supply of parts. It will have two motors this time as single motor is not good enough for short grass but is ok on flat surface.

norjul

Hi Tony, yes i will do vidio for you it might inspire you to build one lol. its raining here now so will try and make vid sometime this week ok

norjul

Hi Guys, This week is not looking good weather wise. but will do vid when I can. here is pic of finished hovercraft.DSC_0539.jpg

DSC_0539.jpg

Stambo

Looks cool, looking forward to the vids.
What is the skirt made from?
Can you share some specs, motor, battery, prop, weight, dimensions etc. :)

norjul

Hi Stanbo, I bought it in kit form from Palaform ltd here in uk, I think the skirt is made from nylon comes ready made with the kit. the kit is made from depron which makes it a bit on the light side and does not like to much wind going to make a similar one out of light ply and balsa wood. the specs are L600mm x w300mm Air duct is 170mm dia with a 7" prop cut down to 6.5" had problem trying to balance it, at the moment I am using a yep 40amp esc.

- - - Updated - - -

with E-max bl2215/20 motor and htx900 servo, transmitter is spectrum DX8 and a AR6210 receiver, batt is a 11.1 2.2 lipo, will experiment with type of batt to use and going to try with different voltages 7.2v or 14v not sure which yet will have to do more research.

Top Bottom