Horizon Hobbies Buys Parts Of Hobbico

Tony

Staff member
I feel if anyone could turn that company around, it's Horizon Hobbies. I have spent thousands with Tower Hobbies and I own products from GreatPlanes as well including one of my Edge 540's. I just hope they don't try to take ALL of the models from Tower Hobbies and try to make them Spektrum BNF. I think that would be shooting themselves in the foot. We will just have to wait and see where this goes.

liquid1

I think it’s always good news or better news when a place gets bought or partial bought out vs any chapter 11 or government assistance just my opinion

Tony

Staff member
This morning I received an email from Tower Hobbies. It was an opt-out email that would stop the transfer of my information from Tower Hobbies to Horizon Hobby. I really don't care about having my info going to Horizon, it is already there. But what made me perk up in my chair was the deadline to make this happen.

If you wanted to opt out of your information being transferred over to Horizon, You had to submit your request NO LATER than April 6th, 2018. Here is the problem, I received this email at 0035 April 7th, 2018. I sure hope this shady nature is not going to follow Tower Hobbies. How can you opt out of something if you know nothing about it? Again, I don't care. But some people may have not wanted their info sent over.

Top Bottom