Hope Every Thing Is Going Well With All Of You

putang

not only can you crash and burn on your flight simulator [rf8] but it can also crash and burn your laptop. so tomorrow I am buying a HP - OMEN 15.6" Gaming Laptop-Intel Core i7- 12GB Memory-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti- 1TB Hard Drive+ 128GB Solid State Drive - Shadow Black . the it guys at my work said that I drove it to hard and burnt the video chip it was a hp- pavilion with windows 8.1 and 6 bits of ram. laptop was about 10 to 15 years old so this one should do the trick . I hope well happy flying

Tony

Staff member
There should have been some kind of thermal protection to keep it from burning up. Even if the vent was blocked, it should have hit a critical point and shut the computer down. Interesting that it killed it. But sounds like you are going to get a great lappy to replace it with.

RandyDSok

I suspect the problem was caused by a failure with the cooling system... not with whatever software you happened to be running at the time. Add to that what Tony mentioned, that there is also CPU and GPU protection that should either slow down or shut down the system if slowing it doesn't allow it to cool properly.

Top Bottom