250 HoneyBee Fp v2

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Honey bee Fp V2

IMO, starting off at a heli that can take a beating without costing you too much money or time in repairs is a very very good idea, because it keeps your confidence level up.. I am sure u have read pages and pages about people whining about setup issues on CCPM helicopters, and what not. If you are like me, you either get a head ache, or just plain out say that’s it, its too much. M done! Lol

Well, I will tell you, if u have had no experience on helis before, and this is your first heli, go ahead and buy a HBFP v2.. it’s a strong little helicopter.. can take a beating .. believe me.. it can… I know you would see that its all plastic , the head and all, but without a whole lot of upgrading, and just a little modifications , ( which believe me if I can do them, U can do them too!! Lol…) it is a great flyer.

Pros:
1. Cheap starting costs
2. Easy to setup
3. Cheap and Easy to repair
4. Parts available on xheli sometimes, sometimes on helidirect, and almost always on ebay.
5. Fast outdoor heli, you can never have enough of it.

Cons:
1. The ring like push rods – they break easily but cost like couple cents each so order a bunch at a time
2. Is light, so doesn’t handle wind quite as well, but can handle 5mph constant breeze.
3. Tail motor has a tendency to die, but its true with all tail motors
4. Canopy is easy to break.
But believe me, all this is fixable…These mods are so simple and cheap that it’ll make ur experience so much better!

Spare parts U NEED to have:

Tail motor (2), Ring like push rods (10 packs), Main shaft (2), Head sets (blade grip thing) (4-6) , Outer Paddle Control Frame (4-5), flybar (1 pack), Blades (get superskids EZ for beginner/hover, or Super Blades Xp for fff, they never break), main head block with bearings (2), skids (super skids, they are unbreakable), Tail boom (1), tail boom gear (1), control linkages (1)

This list may look intimidating, but believe me, all this will be almost all u need, like seriously, and all will be less than 60 bucks to buy… All worth it! You will not regret it. Don’t go buying a shmancy tools set that xheli or other sites tell you to, just a needle nose pliers, Phillips head, and the allen set that comes with the heli. THAT’S IT! Nothing else! Ohh and a lot of CA glue.. CA IS YOUR BEST FRIEND! ☺

OK.. Now about the mods u need:

1. FUSE MOD: U NEED THIS, if u wanna save like 50 dollars each time u crash and don’t cut your throttle, which can cause your 4in 1 to fry because of all the current surge it gets. Every blown .30 cents worth fuse is 49.99 saved in repairs. U’ll see how much it is worth. All this mod will cost is max $2-3.. max.. Just get a pack of 7.5A fuses, and a buch of female connectors from an auto store. Cut your red wire coming from the 4in1 to the motor, and put a 7.5A fuse in there, and double tape it to the center of the heli... here is a video..

2. Head Stiffner Mod: I didn’t do this for the longest time, but believe me, it’s the best thing you can do, and will cost you nothing except the long screws you are going to have to buy, but, everything else is going to come out of your spares. This helps you with your controls, makes head stable, and the heli so freakin responsive. Here is a bunch of pics and details to how to do it.. u will use 2.5x12 or 2.5X15 machined screws in place of the stock ones..

You should be able to see where I used a stanley knife to cut off the ball joints and sanded it down so it's flush with the actual rotor head underneath it. I also used a knife to cut away all the underside (where it would normally slot onto the bearings of the centre hub) and sanded this down too. I then just popped this on top of the actual rotor head and used the longer 2.5X15 screws to screw straight through the 3 white stiffeners on the bottom, the blades, and both rotor heads. and thats it...

and it has the photographs.. and everything. This is the simplest mod to do, and will make your experience the happiest!
All u need is another one of those head blade holders, 3 of the stiffners that come with it mount one on top of the other, and use 3 stiffeners instead of 1. And u will be good to go! SEE attached pics..

3. Superblades EZ or XP- I went with the EZ, cause this heli was intimidating for me when I started. So EZ made it so simple to hover and start forward flight. I then modifies my ez ones just like it said on the super skids website, and it worked and gave me higher head speed and a faster speed. With the mod they are right in the middle of EZ and XP. The stock chip and break too easily and have a lot of slop while flying and have issues tracking. But superblades, oh man they are so tough. I have banged them on asphalt while flying, these don’t budge! So awesome!

4. Super Skids: the ones it comes with will hold for a while, until it shatters. The super skids are awesome.. they are strong and can take a beating. REALLY CAN! Get those and u wont have to worry about the skids breaking.

5. Canopy: The canopy is soft and light. It breaks easily and its not very important part but a good visual aid if u are new pilot . So use clear packaging tape all over to re-enforce it. It wont break.. It is great, and saves u the shame of having an ugly looking bird.. lol…. I

Apart from that.. fly when its not gusty winds, and use the sim (or a mSR.. its like a sim lol). Any setup questions or anything else, I’ll love to help! I have flown it, beaten it, and flown it again! It’s awesome! It is just worth it to have a heli like this when ur 450 is not doing good, or any others. And u just wanna fly something.. this is just the heli for it.. It helps u a lot with controls and a great heli for first heli, or having a second one after a small one like mSR, and wanting to have a feel of what a heavier heli and momentum feels like in flight! Lol! ☺

Heli02.jpg

Heli03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom