450 Honey do list

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Hi everyone,
Sorry I've been out of the loop for a bit. Working on so many projects around the house. Hopefully (thank goodness fran 11784 lives by), with his help I can get the ZYX S2 working correctly. Until we get this down pat, won't install other ZYX S2 in my scale scratch built Sky Crane. Got too much money and time invested in the built. Has anyone else encounter problems with this system? What I did learn that the Tarot ZYX is not the same set up as the Tarot ZYX S2. The latter relays on the PC while the ZYX that's a earlier model is more manual thru the gyro it self.
Best Regards,
Jim

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
What's up Jim. If I was you I would seriously think about investing in a newer gyro, especially for your sky crane since you have $$$$ invested. just my :2c:.
As for honey-do list...it's never ending :facepalm:

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Hi D.O.G.

Was out this morning with fran11784 watching him fly and he also suggested the same thing. Giving serious thought on selling both Tarot ZYX if we can't figure it out (one is still in the box and the other installed with 0 hours). I know everything on the receiver/transmitter side work, because the servos react properly. Don't know if the ZYX S2 is getting a signal from the PC input via UBS plug which is good. I can dial in the values on the screen for the servos and adjust accordingly. Should I see movement on the PC monitor (elevator, aileron and rudder) while moving the sticks around? If not you're right, time to go shopping for a better FBL system. :chickendance:

LooseNut

Jim, I had a ZYX that I tossed in the trash bin because I couldn't do the setup since it was missing the reset button. Something else wasn't right because of it and it never got off the yellow flash. I spent quite a while tracing what I might be doing wrong and making sure the USB had the right boot and all. I believe, if I remember correctly, you need to "set" the programming by pressing that button that was missing on mine. I'm sure others know more about it the me since I never got it to function.
One bad apple and all that, but I think after that episode with the inexpensive failure I'd be inclined to agree with D.O.G. and Fran that you may be better to invest in a good solid unit that has a good following and knowledge base to assist with setup.
Just my 2 cents for what it's worth. BTW, I went with the Ikon as a replacement.

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Jim, I had a ZYX that I tossed in the trash bin because I couldn't do the setup since it was missing the reset button. Something else wasn't right because of it and it never got off the yellow flash. I spent quite a while tracing what I might be doing wrong and making sure the USB had the right boot and all. I believe, if I remember correctly, you need to "set" the programming by pressing that button that was missing on mine. I'm sure others know more about it the me since I never got it to function.
One bad apple and all that, but I think after that episode with the inexpensive failure I'd be inclined to agree with D.O.G. and Fran that you may be better to invest in a good solid unit that has a good following and knowledge base to assist with setup.
Just my 2 cents for what it's worth. BTW, I went with the Ikon as a replacement.
Great advice and so true. Presently looking at another FBL system. This evening tried one more time with the ZYX. Redid all steps to the letter and end results were the same. Servos respond to the radio but not to the PC. That tells me no signal is going thru from the USB & I tried two of the same type.

LooseNut

My understanding when I was going through all the work trying to get mine to go was that the USB driver caused some people a bit of grief, but mine was reporting the connection just fine.
If you do a Google on "ZYX usb issues" you'll see a huge list and may also see something that relates to your current issue.

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Thank's friend, it's interesting that in the beginning I had trouble with Tarot home office. The instructions were in Chinese. Went back and forth with them and no progress. Met a fellow RC heli pilot on line who in a matter of minutes walked me thru on getting the English version. Guess I just wanted to give Tarot the benefit but they got a failing grade. Yet I like their heli parts: main frame, blades, etc. They need to stick with things good at.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yet I like their heli parts: main frame, blades, etc. They need to stick with things good at.
I have a Tarot 450 DFC that I started flying with. Sure it wasn't an Align Heli but for the price, it was wonderful to start on for me anyway. I'm trying to install the Tarot 450 into an Augusta fuselage :).

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
I got my Augusta A109 in Canada and installed a clone 450 in it. No retracts but that's fine by me, wheels are fix in the open position. Seen on You Tube retracts that failed and there went an awesome looking bird biting the ground. Main frame fit nicely in fuselage, only thing I did was to strengthen the support for the main frame. This is the bird I've spent so much time building (over a year). Knew it was going to have a FBL unit in it one day. After that poor experience I had with Tabot:argue: something told me to slow down before installing their FBL. Glad I did :agree:

Top Bottom