General Holographic stickers for blades

Derek

I remember when I bought my Trex 500, it came with some holographic "Align" stickers that I've heard are used on the blades for tracking. Is there a place that "simple" holographic stickers can be bought and used for helicopter blades? I'm thinking the holographic "shineyness" would help me see the rotor disk while in flight.

Derek

Thanks for that, Lee! It's a shame that they dont stock that tape at the US Warehouse. International only. Bummer, but still an option.

wolfman76

Helidirect or helipro some online store like that sell them they are like tribal graphics I had som on the last set of blades I had on the 500 maybe amainhobbies

wolfman76

I think the ones I had were Fusono holographic blade decals you can try that search I found them they are on helidirect.com

Last edited:

pvolcko

I got a bunch of various colors. I'll take a pic and post here. Let me know what you want and I'll send it along.

Tony

Staff member
I doubt you will see it in flight. If you are wanting to use this on your black blades, just get some white tape. They have white electric tape that you can use. However, I would just tape off the blades and spray the tips white with regular old spray paint. Simple, cheap and effective.

pvolcko

The reflective stickers actually show up extremely well in flight. I picked up a bunch to try out (haven't yet) because a guy at my club field uses them and I love the look of them when they catch the light.

Lee

I just have a two inch strip on each blades.
In the sun it give a very bright disc to orientate from.

Top Bottom