Misc Hobbywing program card

WyDiablo

get the program card today and tried to program the esc's. I unplugged the esc's from the naza and then plugged to flight pack lipo into the hexa. I plugged #1 esc into the bec side of the card and the rc battery pack into the battery side of the card. Card will not light up and the rx pack has a full charge. So I unplug everything and just plug the battery rx pack into the card and nothing. Bad card? or probably just stupid me huh?

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Make sure you plug it in the right way! Lol

- - - Updated - - -

Plug In The bec and the battery pack and noting eltz! Make sure the grounds are facing the right way. It should work.

WyDiablo

The rx battery pack alone should light up the card. Plug the rx pack in with the brass side of the pins facing me right?

Tony

Staff member
Plug the ESC into the card, then plug a battery into the ESC. It will power the card.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I don't have the card In Front if me. It should be marked on the card where the signal, power and ground face. I would hook up the bec too just to make sure the power goes somewhere and dosen't hurt the card!

WyDiablo

I removed the red wire on my esc's today so just hooking up the bwtteyr to the hexa will not power the card. It has to have a rx battyer pack to gets it power

Tony

Staff member
Ah okay. And as Sam stated, it should have marks showing where to put the signal and ground wire.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Removing the red wire may be why it won't work. It needs to communicate with the esc to program it. If the esc can't power up cause the power wire is missing then there is your problem!

WyDiablo

Its getting power form the lipo pack and from the bec on the naza

- - - Updated - - -

The card came from rcdude.com

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
It has to be hooked up to both the battery pack and the esc to work! Without the red wire there it can't feed power to the esc. The lights indicate the programing on the esc. Hence no esc power no lights!

- - - Updated - - -

You can't have the NAZA hooked up to the card. It dosen't work that way! Just the battery ack and the esc gets hooked up to the card! No NAZA.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I just looked at Rc dude. The card is marked right up on top where the signal power and ground wires go. Remember just hook up the battery pack and the esc directly into the card. You can't have the flight controller re: NAZA hooked up. Do each esc one at a time! Then rehook everything up. Try it it might work without the red wire the way the ad reads.

WyDiablo

I never had the naza hook to the card. I hooked power to the bottom plate on the hexa and then hooked to esc wire to the card and hooked the rx battery pack the the battery side of the card.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
You did not need two power sources. I hope you did not burn up the card. It's only rated for so many volts 4.8 to 6.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you try hooking up the red wire?

- - - Updated - - -

When your using a battery pack you do not hook up the battery to your bottem plate!

WyDiablo

No the red wires are completely removed and I also tried the card on the F450 with the opto esc's and I connected the card up per the instruction manual and still no lights.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Then you probubly fried the card by hooking up two batteries unfortunately. I would check with rcdude and tell them the card did not work. Don't tell him you hooked up two bats though! Lol maybe he will send anoughter!

Top Bottom