ESC Hobbywing Problem?

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I wish I hadn't either! It turned out to be a quite expensive box of bits as I took the opportunity to drop a few more things into my shopping cart. Fortunately, I found what I needed under RC Model Helicopters | RC Cars | RC Planes | Drones | ALIGN-TREX Models ATModels
I haven't dealt with that company but they don't have Align 500 parts like most dealers. A lot of out of stock :(. BUT the XLPower 550 that Smoggie recommended, Thank you, is keeping me airborne. She's a blast to fly :).

Heliman450

That's the main reason I'm thinking to retire my 550E, it's difficult to get the parts now. Align don't list them on their own website and the main Swiss importer doesn't stock them any more. I don't know if I'll replace my 550 custom built hybrid. It's mostly thanks to the input from Smoggie (Steve). He gave me all the background expertise and some parts, too.

Maybe I'll do a last check on my parts stock and trawl around for the various options that are most vulnerable, particularly drive train parts.

Fly-n-Low

Wow! 5200 mAh! That is over double what I am using (2500-6S). I run it about 5 min and I am about ready to land anyway!

Glad you have it sorted!

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
My battery for my 550 is 5000mAh @ 6s and I get 6 mins flight time out of mine. My RPM aren't that high either.

Top Bottom