ESC Hobbywing ESC Programming questions for multirotor

I have a custom built hex-multirotor and is experiencing random bursts of acceleration. Made with Hobbywing Platinum Pro 30A ESCs, 4, of which, i got from a friend's crashed hex and 2 I had to purchase. Also using crashed motors but thought i'd start with verifying everything on the ESCs was correct but finding that hard to do. Following questions:

1. How does one determine esc current firmware version?

2. Can one find what current parameters are from the programming beeps? Can't find anything in the instruction sheet how to do that. I know how to program, I just want to know current programming.

3. I can't seem to find a definitive answer on what program card is compatible. A lot of them seem to be made for car escs at least that's what I gather from verbiage. Ultimately, would like to do all this on computer, not necessarily through program card.

4. As mentioned above, from a crashed hex. How can one test an ESC's health?

Much appreciated.

Smoggie

On my multi I experienced similar burst that made it difficult to maintain steady altitude. That turned out to be the ESC's throttle range needed calibrating to my Tx... so that's something to check.

Tony

Staff member
I'm not 100% on this answer, but it's better than nothing. I did a search and it looks like you can get the program box and connect it to your computer. The link below will explain it much better than I can and it's direct from hobbywing.

HOBBYWING TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the input, guys. I already calibrated to my tx but no change. I also saw that programmer box on their website but hoping i can find current setting and firmware version by the beeps.

Tony

Staff member
I don't think there is any way to retrieve the firmware version by beeps. I think it's only available on a computer.

Admiral

I would take a close look at the motors, I recently had a similar problem with a Quad after a long saga it turned out to be a motor that fluctuated only at high revs under load, the poor old FC then accelerated to keep level and the dodgy motor kicked back in and it would shoot up 10 or 12 feet.

Top Bottom