ESC Hobby Wing Skywalker 30a ESC

Boogs

I bought one of these to replace the unit in my helicopter and wanted to share a couple of things I learned with it and an observation perhaps someone else has noticed and found a solution to.

When I got it all connected and went for the bench test the audible was, well, audible. However the motor ran backwards so I powered down everything and switched two wires to the motor and tried again.

This time the motor had the correct rotation but I couldn't hear the arming sequence.

From the front looking at the frame, I unplugged the center wire and moved it to the right, the left wire to center and the right wire to the left. Powered back up and tried it again, I could now hear the arming sequence and the motor has the correct rotation. For reference, the wires are as they come out of the ESC.

Now the problem. I wanted to program the ESC with a soft start and followed the procedure as outlined in the instructions. I could not get into the programming mode. I'm using a DX8 Gen2 Tx and suspect the fail safe may be preventing me from accessing the program mode in the ESC. I have since ordered the HW program card, but wonder if anyone else has found this and solved w/o the card.

Top Bottom