General Hobby King 80amp Red Brick esc programming

Has anyone had problems with these ?, When I plug it in all it does is play the moronic three notes , moving the throttle stick won`t allow me to get in there , nor do servos and Rx come to life when its connected.
I`m really peeved about this as I bought it specially for heavy work and is turning out to be what it says i.e. a brick, also have an Orange six channel receiver that only has three channels instead of the lot so also a waste of money.
My radio is DX6i with AR6115e Rx , its not the radio as it works ok with a different esc in the chopper.

Derek

Are you sure that you have the ESC plugged in to the Rx properly? Is the negative wire at the top and the signal wire at the bottom?

Tony

Staff member
This is just me, but I have yet to purchase a piece of electronics from HK that has worked. I think it's just my luck showing lol.

Derek

I have heard many people say that the electronics that they have purchase from HK have been faulty. Either broken or didn't work properly. Tony has expressed his disgust with them many times. However, I have made 28 purchases from HK (motors, esc's, servo's, and more) and I have yet to have something from them fail. I always hope that the parts that I order from HK work when I get them and I do have a fear that I'll get a faulty part. Maybe I should consider myself luck....I dunno.

Anyway...lenny...if you could post a video of what you are doing and what happens, that would be helpful.

Tony

Staff member
I take that back, kinda. The YEP 45a esc and the 450 motor in my Pro are still working.

Lee

Not sure if you have the destructions Lenny, but here is the PDF for you any way.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uploads/937798115X893556X8.pdf
Just to be sure you are doing it right.
Throttle stick should be high,
plug in battery,
listen to the beeps.
when you here the beeps that signal the parameter you want to change, lower the throttle stick to mid point.
once you here the correct setting for that parameter, raise the throttle stick again.

Hope this isn't teaching you to suck eggs, but just making sure.
Good luck.

Thanks to all for the advice, I had already obtained the pdf and followed the instructions, esc is definitelly plugged in correctly, all it does is sound the three nores over and over , throttle stick in up position, I`ve given up on it now and ordered another Turnigy 40 amp one as I have had no probs with these.
Its really pissed me off cause I had to remove an esc from another chopper to test my 4 blader and I don`t like robbing models when they are wired neat & tidy .

Top Bottom