Hobbico Nexstar has landed

Adam

Well it came today. I got the trainer plane everybody suggested. Currently i have no batts for this plane cause they were on backorder lol i will solve that. got it all together for what i can do with no batt for now. And this plane will be hung from the ceiling cause their is not a safe way to hang it on the wall. My lanlord will hate me. Oh well im buying the duplex anyways. So here it is.
20120912_154924.jpg20120912_174824.jpg

20120912_154924.jpg

20120912_174824.jpg

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
looks beautiful!! :) will fly great believe me!

avoid winds :)

you'll wanna get rid of those droops and flaps REAL soon.. lol :D

Adam

Ok so no batt came with it and the one that came free with ordering it. The manual just says 11.1 1250mah the one that hobbyzone gives you is 11.1 1200mah 30C. Could i order gens ace 3c 11.1 1300mah 25c and be good.

Adam

Ok so nobody cut in here i went marius thread on batt. I orderede the 1300 mah but according to that thread it seems i can set this bird up using my 2200?? Just setting all controls not running motor just servos well you guys know what i mean

Tony

Staff member
Yes, you can run the 2200, you will just have to shift your CoG for the heavier battery. And yes, you will also be fine with the 1300

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I ran walkera 1300. As far as I am concerned and I read around, nexstar flies better with a little bigger battery like 1300 or so than a 1100... you are good with 1300.

It'll fly with 2200 (probably with flaps and droops off) cause 2200 is much heavier. And as tony said you'll have to readjust cg.. And the problem is, the battery compartment is right under the wing and cg.. So for nose heavy you have to go real real far up into the battery cabinet towards the nose. Don't know if it'll have enough space to cg out on 2200

Adam

just enough room at first I was like why did I order the 1300 but after your post Gaza I'm glad did thank you and thank you tony cause now I can power this up and set it up and set the tx up before I go to the club this weekend. thank ya thank ya

stokke

Congrats with new plank, Adam :D

What that thing set you back?
Does it come with electronics?

How big is it?

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Glad you finally got a descent plane to learn on. You'll have lots of fun with it! Happie landings! Lol.

Adam

thanks guys. and at first I was like I paid this much for this thing but overall it is well built.

Adam

Ok so i set it all up taxid it and made sure the front landing gear was aligned since it runs off the rudder servo. COG'D with 2200MAH since my 1300's are not here and the club pres which i will be at tomorrow said that with that plane it will be fine so i went with it after all i will be buddy boxing yay. I have hit the sim hard cause i know im gonna screw up tomorrow lol.

Tony

Staff member
That is what the BB is for. If you get in trouble, the other guy just releases the switch and it's his. He will take it back up and give it back to you. When he is flying it, treat your Tx as if you are flying it, throttle and everything. That way when he hands it to you by pulling the switch, you will be ready. Usually 1/2 to 5/8 throttle and centered sticks. You will do fine, just listen to them.

Adam

Thank you tony and even though your not the instructor today you have been more of an instructor than you give yourself credit for. You have taught us all something here or there.

Top Bottom