600 HK600GT battery size?

tomxl3

hi i just picked up the 600 gt i have a 100amp align esc that s only rated for 6s lipo and i have this motor

Spec.
Model: 3736
Turns: 3
Cells: 8s
Kv: 1330rpm/V
No load Current: 3.9A/10v
Max power: 2.7KW
Weight: 360g
Shaft diameter: 6mm
Dimensions: 44.3 x 61mm
Recomended ESC: 100A HV

what should i run for batteries and what c ratting should i go with been searching the net to see if anybody runs this settup but nothing im not sure what my normal running amps would be from this motor and if this is a good settup? any input would be apreciated

Derek

Can you share a picture of the helicopter frame? I'd just like to know if you are mounting the battery inside the frame or on the very front of the frame. Either way, I would imagine that you can run any capacity of 6S pack, from 3000-5000mah. Just be sure to get the Center of Gravity set properly and your helicopter should fly like a champ. I would like to suggest using batteries with at least a 45C rating. Some people will say that the C rating is irrelevant and meaningless. I'm sorry, I have to disagree. In my early rc experience, I bought batteries with 20-30C ratings and I would puff them very quickly. After purchasing a few packs with 45C rating or higher, I'm not puffing as many packs. In fact, I honestly don't remember the last pack that I've puffed. It's been quite a long time. So....that being said....look into getting 6S 3000-5000mah batteries with a minimum of 45C. After that....it's just getting your helicopter set up and then go flying.

Best of luck buddy!!!

Smoggie

The heli was designed for a 6S 5000mAh battery... A few 100mAh either way would be ok but don't go much smaller otherwise the heli will be very tail heavy.

Derek, the battery on the 600GT straps externally to the front of the frame.

tomxl3

Battery straps to front end of frame so 45c 3000-5000mah what ever makes it balance .
thanks it was a used heli picked it up cheap only other issue it has is the main shaft is bent and they are getting hard to find now will a newer version trex 600fit most are too short mine is 201mm long?

gt600-002.jpg

Tony

Staff member
When I had an electric 600, I used two 3000mah 6s packs on it wired in parallel. Worked out great for my helicopter.

As for other shafts, if you want to keep your stock head, then you will need to find that shaft. However, I would highly suggest finding a DFC head and tail and converting it over. Those shafts are a little easier to find. Unless you have the shaft like I have in my nitro, which again, are hard to find lol.

tomxl3

K thanks Tony any suggestions on a dfc head for it would love to go that route with an ikon not so many parts to worry about ? Also I would have to beef up on the servos for dfc wouldn't I ?
I'm every appreciative of any information thanks ☺

Tony

Staff member
It would be a good ting to get strong servos if you are going to run a DFC head. The other thing you can do is just get the standard flybarless head, that way there would be a point of failure before it gets to the servos. As for where to get it, I got mine off of ebay a few years back, not sure what is out there now. I would check, but right in the middle of something. If no one updates this before I get back, I will do some checking for ya.

Smoggie

If it's already got a flybarless head then i'd personally not bother converting to DFC unless you absolutely cant find a shaft anywhere. For what it's worth Align have dropped DFC from all their new helis and gone back to traditional flybarless anyway, so if you were going to convert you might think about converting to the new flybarless head.

tomxl3

Nice they r finally back in stock Been checking their for the last three-month s and they were backordered awesome thanks but might go to a flybarless setup their is less failure points but still nice to see stock finally coming in also one more? Should I connect direct to the swash from servos or keep the original setup with the 90° levers ?

Top Bottom