500 HK500GT problems getting off the ground

wolfman76

ok i have a lil diff problem but still hk500gt prob here is video of what is going on any help is great... at first it was spinning out so i twisted belt other way no spin out but now i have a serious wag plus it is acting like it wants to tip on its left side swash is level and seems to be moving the direction it suppose to kinda stumped still learning so any advice or ideas are greatly appreciated....

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
Moved this to it's own thread. I will have to watch this later on when I get home. Getting a little low on bandwidth on my phone.

Lee

The belt can only be set in one direction. Tail blades should be turning counter clockwise looking at them, leading edge of blades turning up into the down wash from the main blades. Its your gyro is reversed from the first video thats the issue. Flick the switch on the gyro. Then check that when you move the tail by hand, the tail blades move in such a way as to counter act the direction you are moving it. This can be hard to understand sometimes. As a beginner i made that mistake on a number of occasions.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Just like lee said..

Check .. if your tail blades are spinning counter clockwise with the leading edge going into the rotor wash

second check that your yaw direction is good... yaw stick right.. slider left, and vice versa..

Third check the gyro direction.. push the tail right.. slider should move in the opposite direction.. that means the gyro is correcting in the right direction,

fourth, if you have a lot of wag still.. then, reduce the gain in increments of 5. always be in HH (heading hold) mode when flying (thats the position you programmed with the higher gyro percentage.. can be 0 or 1.. Tony in his video sets it to 0.. so if following his video, follow that.. and confirm your switch is at 0.. )

wolfman76

thanks for all the advice guys i have since made some mods to it thnx to advice from tony i will check out all other suggestion also belove me they r greatly appreciated have to recheck make sure pitch is set where it should be cuz the swash was level but it still wanted to tip to the left when i started to give it more throttle

Top Bottom